What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southern Tier Pumpking (yeah that's right, i was hoarding the bottles away like a squirrel)

working on some leinenkugels creamy dark whilt waiting for my maibock to finish bottle conditioning.

I need to go to mikeysab's that is an awesome selection.:mug: I'm drinking my Scottish 80/-. Last week it seemed thin, sweet and overly hopped. This week it is really coming into it's own. Good beer. I also have some Rochefort 10, Urbock 23, and some homebrewed dry irish stout but I think I'm sticking with the Scottish for tonight.

Blue Point Imperial Chery Stout, followed by Moylans Kilt Lifter and Fullers London Pride. The Fullers will be the last of their 3 parti gyle brews that i've tried. The other two were winners.

Getting rid of this damn Blue Moon Spring Seasonal. I can't throw beer out, but I do drink this too damned slow.

saw that at the distributor.....is it worth the purchase? After the double simcoe, im hesitant to go to wyerbacher a
gain

It's pretty dmaned tasty. The double simcoe is awesome, but only if you can get it fresh. I bought a bottle of double simcoe about a month ago that tasted like it had been sitting around for 2 years - when I go back there I will be complaining.

go for it, you won't be disappointed!!:rockin:

I'll pick that up this weekend. I don't know why, but when I get a bad offering from a little known brewery, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.....figuritively too. Wyerbacher is "local" too, so I should have been more receptive of their brews, but something put me off to them after the double simcoe. Lack of reviews maybe. I'll try the Heresy this weekend.

St. Amand's French Country(Bier de Garde), yummy.
Stillwater Artisanal American Farmhouse Ale, the sage is really subtle.:mug:

My 3rd sniffer of Triple 6 IPA. I can't help but drink heavily when watching Three Sheets. I love that show!!!

Just took my first sip of Orval...

Holy F%*@ING ****, THAT is awesome :tank:

I'm going to have to dedicate my secondary to experimenting with Brett additions...WOW!!! I'm not sure I get the "horse blanket" description though

Just took my first sip of Orval...

Holy F%*@ING ****, THAT is awesome :tank:

I'm going to have to dedicate my secondary to experimenting with Brett additions...WOW!!! I'm not sure I get the "horse blanket" description though

Forgive my ignorance... but can you explain what is so good about this beer. Not trying to be an ass but I thought it was horrible and rather bland/boring. Granted this was about 6 months before I started home brewing, so maybe my pallet wasn't as refined.

Forgive my ignorance... but can you explain what is so good about this beer. Not trying to be an ass but I thought it was horrible and rather bland/boring. Granted this was about 6 months before I started home brewing, so maybe my pallet wasn't as refined.

First, I love Belgian style beers of all kinds...Pale Ales, Tripels, Dubbels, Golden Strongs, Strong Darks, Saisons...the funk is addictive and I love dry brews.

This is the first time I have ever tasted a beer with a Brett secondary fermentation. I found it incredibly complex, bone dry, and intriguingly bitter. I am a huge hop head, but this was different. Definitely a hop bitterness there but it is more than that. Lots of spice and some subtle fruit.

I think complex sums it up. Some have called Orval balanced...I disagree. It is an unbalanced brew but in a good way. Delicious and unique. This is not a beer I would want to drink all the time, but as a treat I think it is incredible.

Give it another shot. Maybe get a taste for the Belgian first. I have brewed a few and tasted a lot as well. As odd as it sounds I really like a lot of the American takes on the style. They are fresher and have the funk complemented by American hops and swagger. Belgian brewing has a history of refusing to be pigeonholed that the Americans (and Canadians at Unibroue!!!) have picked up and run with :rockin:

a Black ale of my devise..not hoppy enough to be a cascadian Dark but yummy regardless.

before that was another beer that I brewed that has an off flavor like it was dry hopped with rubberbands.....The off flavor has dissipated enough for it to be drinkable now, but there is a slight background flavor of rubber....wtf.

My 6th of the night and my 3rd sniffer of Mad Scientist Ale. "really another".... after hearing that... I am done. Night HBT

slightly over dry hopped Double Diamond clone... had I not over dry hopped it would be spot on! color perfect, honey malt gave the right sweetness.... I love my kegerator...:ban::rockin::mug::drunk:

Homebrewed Beer-Geek-1056-Pale-ale, preceded by an excellent trippel, also of my own concoction. The pale-ale is flawed, but I've come to terms with ten gallons to go through. Thank God a co-worker is a hops fan, and can't taste the flaw in it. I've been giving it to him by the growler!

Frankly, after a couple trippels, the pale-ale tastes great anyway!

NyQuil... Freaking head cold!

Hope you're not going anywhere then...

I've been dosing up on DayQuil and NyQuil for the past week... Damned head/chest cold... F's up your taste buds too... :mad: Went to have a brew last night during a brew day, and it didn't taste right... Have to wait until I'm fully done with the F'ing cold before I have another... Luckily, I only have the cough (really) left... Just won't go away.

55cf32d2.jpg

What a freaking treat!! This is my first time drinking this wonderful English Ale

The nitrogen was still working its magic in the pic... this is one helluva clear/clean beer!

jvcjbl, I've been thinking about making a clone of that... Need to get my hands on some of the original first though... I'm trying to not brew any clone recipes that I've not had the original of before. :D

How would you describe it, besides clear/clean?? Clone calls for UK 2 Row, some British Crystal Malt (55L) and a small amount of British wheat malt... Looks like Challenger and EKG for the hops...

Smells almost sweet at first (2-row?) Smoothness of water but malty goodness. Could chug it with zero burn. Almost has some wine hughes to it.

Back