What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Palo Santo Marron and then calling it a night. Got A LOT of drinking coming this weekend. Possibly hanging with a friend that usually entails 10 hour sessions.

192072_1591261829029_1460380874_1258269_7752247_o.jpg

How was it? I saw it and passed. Not a huge fruity fan but if done right...epic :tank:

coffee and ibu after a long happy hour last night at the best Rock Bottom in the US. Rick does such a great job with his brews; the high-octane oatmeal stout and super-clean ESB rocked!

noltemug.jpg

How much did that bottle cost you? It was $20 per bottle at a local restaurant here. It was good, but not THAT good.

Homebrew Sidekick IPA as I watch the sidekick wearing #6 on the Miami Heat get pounded by the Spurs!

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

750 of Dogfish Squall bottle conditioned 90 minute IPA...VERY tasty. I love my beer guy :tank: Scored 2007 and 2009 to go w/ my 2010 of Real Ale's Sisyphus Barleywine at a vertical tasting today. Those will go nicely with the Lagunitas Ole Gnarleywine and Stone Old Guardian for my birthday Sunday...how does barleywine pair with fresh crabs? :D

Followed the Squall with my Saccharomyces' Belgian Pale Ale while a sample of my week in the bottle Devil's Punchbowl Golden Strong chills...if it lives up to the snuck tastes this will be a damn fine brew :mug:

Ommegang three philosophers

Scores ommegang and bell's samplers at the distributors today, it's going to be a good weekend

750 of Dogfish Squall bottle conditioned 90 minute IPA...VERY tasty. I love my beer guy :tank: Scored 2007 and 2009 to go w/ my 2010 of Real Ale's Sisyphus Barleywine at a vertical tasting today. Those will go nicely with the Lagunitas Ole Gnarleywine and Stone Old Guardian for my birthday Sunday...how does barleywine pair with fresh crabs? :D

Followed the Squall with my Saccharomyces' Belgian Pale Ale while a sample of my week in the bottle Devil's Punchbowl Golden Strong chills...if it lives up to the snuck tastes this will be a damn fine brew :mug:

Who's your beer guy?

Who's your beer guy?

Robert at Gabriel's @ Blanco and 1604 in SA. He is a homebrewer of 30 years and opened the first true beer store in L.A. Very knowledgeable, loves to talk beer, and saves the good stuff he only gets in small quantities (like everything I listed above :D) for his best customers who bother to talk to him and sign up for his e-mail list. He has cellared the Sisyphus since release and did not mark it up for the vertical. He even brought in samples of the missing 08 from his own collection so we had 4 years for the tasting.

Odonata Saison.. Went to Whole foods today on the way home and picked up a couple things I haven't tried yet. This one, Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, and Deschutes Hop Henge.

This Saison is really good... I'm a sucker for a good Saison.

Damn, I got ripped off. I would pay $8.99 for it though.

Probably the WORST beer I have drank in a long time. SWMBO says she gets the Bourbon notes/woodsy. To me it comes across as Blue Cheese and is making me gag. I am tempted to pour it out.

Odonata Saison.. Went to Whole foods today on the way home and picked up a couple things I haven't tried yet. This one, Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, and Deschutes Hop Henge.

This Saison is really good... I'm a sucker for a good Saison.

Tried Boulevard's Tank 7 Farmhouse Saison today...WOW!!! Very tasty with subtle belgian character and a nice malt backbone but dry finish. I think I turned a co-worker on to great beer with it too :mug: I told him if he liked that he will love mine!!!

BTW, Hop Stoopid kicks ass :rockin:

Probably the WORST beer I have drank in a long time. SWMBO says she gets the Bourbon notes/woodsy. To me it comes across as Blue Cheese and is making me gag. I am tempted to pour it out.

I didn't think it was too bad. Definitely not the best representation of a bourbon-based beer.

However, I would drink it again.

Bell's Cherry Stout. Not good, not bad, just really different. I think I'll sample another and let it warm up even more.

Wow......lots of stuff. MCchouffe, Ayinger Celebrator, homebrewed belgian quad, homebrewed stout, and if all that runs out, homemade graff straight from the fermenter

Back