What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunset Pale Ale by Big Valley Brewing

IMAG0449.jpg

Founders: Dirty Bastard

Now this is a beer I can get behind. Nice carmel notes and a depth of flavor. Thanks to my friend who brought it back from Austin, TX.

Founders: Dirty Bastard

Now this is a beer I can get behind. Nice carmel notes and a depth of flavor. Thanks to my friend who brought it back from Austin, TX.

I have unlimited access to this beer and am glad of it. Really, really good beer.

Here goes beer hunting in Kauai. 10 year anniversary!

Congrats on the anniversary, Kauai is incredible. Depending on where you are staying on the island, check out The Wine Garden in Lihue and/or The Wine Shop in old Koloa town, found stuff like Dissident and some other decent beers at those shops. Cheers and enjoy!

Prairie Hop. Very good, definitely getting a lot of peach/mango flavor. Not sure which I like better between this and the Galaxy, but I know I want to try their other brews now too.

image-822528907.jpg

BGBC said:
Prairie Hop. Very good, definitely getting a lot of peach/mango flavor. Not sure which I like better between this and the Galaxy, but I know I want to try their other brews now too.

Nice! They just started showing up down here. I need to pick some up.

I've tried a lot of Belgians from some pretty big breweries lately, many of which have been filtered and just okay usually what I expect. I was pleasantly surprised with this one, very tasty showing from long trail. A lot of the time I think of their beer as just okay. I hate myself for not bringing a good beer glass with me. Don't judge the glassware I'm on vacation.

20130717_221423_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Mm yeast swirls

Ps.when are we changing the title of this thread to "alcoholics not so anonymous?"

Nice! They just started showing up down here. I need to pick some up.

Yep, I picked both of them up at Whip In in Austin.

They also had Prairie Ale and 'Merica on Monday night. When I went back last night, the 'Merica was gone. Should have picked it up when I first saw it.

Congrats on the anniversary, Kauai is incredible. Depending on where you are staying on the island, check out The Wine Garden in Lihue and/or The Wine Shop in old Koloa town, found stuff like Dissident and some other decent beers at those shops. Cheers and enjoy!

Thanks and thanks again for the tip brother, or should I say "brah". I did find this interesting (of all places) Safeway...

ForumRunner_20130717_163957.jpg

Quickly hammered off of RuinTen... I got a case and a half of bombers, from costco. Ya, I know I go overboard... a lot.

About to crack my last 2 Heady Toppers :( but i am going to harvest that Conan again! I hope my heady clone in my secondary is close to the real thing!

jperry said:
Quickly hammered off of RuinTen... I got a case and a half of bombers, from costco. Ya, I know I go overboard... a lot.

Nice!
It truly is a stage dive into a mosh pit of hops.
;)

Coffee. Just so you guys know, I'm jealous! I can't drink anything, because I'm on call, and getting ready for work shortly. The up side is that my Roggenbier will have a few days to get better while I'm gone...

My marris otter-Columbus smash (which is too hoppy) mixed with my Munich-nugget smash (which was a little under hopped)... Together they make a nice IPA.

Just need to come up with a name for it....

Cream of 3 Crops. Possibly the best beer I have made so far. And definitely the most clear. Hard to choose between this one and my ipa, so maybe I need one (or two) of each.
ForumRunner_20130717_232802.png

Cincy17 said:
Cream of 3 Crops. Possibly the best beer I have made so far. And definitely the most clear. Hard to choose between this one and my ipa, so maybe I need one (or two) of each.

Nice clarity.

Hey nozzle what you do for a living I run Cnc machines and have made quite a few motorcycle parts and a few car parts but your shop looks like what I really want to be doing the hands on ****. Not pushing a dam button and watching the screen lol here are a few things I have made oh and on the good ol' sweet tea now. I'm so pissed the blue racks in the last pic took me a week and a half to build and the dam company tossed them because they decided they didn't need them I was like wtf I could of made a crap ton of brew stands out of that metal. They were racks for holding huge rolls of rubber for roofing or some crap. And sorry for the long post guys carry on lol

image-3033684199.jpg

image-791898540.jpg

image-678053538.jpg

image-3933448524.jpg

Channel66 said:
Sitting at a rental cabin enjoying a longtrail ipa. Not sure why we go places and pay money for a view not as nice as the one at home.

Granted there is certainly something to be said for being 25 miles away from cell phone signal.

Oh and it's storming like a bastard

One of my favorite IPA's

FermentNEthinG said:
Round deuce...

Did yours have floaties threw it my bottle I had last lake trip had all kids of floating good ness lol no clue how considering its clear when fresh but still tasty as hell so it didn't bother me.

And sorry for all the post I'm catching up on the thread and can't figure out muti quote on the app

Back