What are ball locks selling for thee days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRock

Always Ready
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, been away from the hobby for a while. Still loving the hobby, just no time to do it these days. I'll return some day, soon I hope.

Anyway, I have happened into a few ball lock kegs that I can sell. So I looked in the adds and see asking prices of 45-55.00 but no confirmation if they are selling for that. Does that sound like realistic prices?

Local to me in Raleigh, NC they are selling at LHBS for $60 + tax. Online at places like Kegconnection and the likes, they run about $60 as well (shipping not included). There are some that don't have PRV so they're about $10 less from what I've seen.

On craigslist they vary. I would not spend more than $50 each on craigslist because for $10 more I can get one at my LHBS that will be guaranteed to hold pressure or I can return it.

$45 on CL will guarantee that they will go right away.

Local to me in Raleigh, NC they are selling at LHBS for $60 + tax. Online at places like Kegconnection and the likes, they run about $60 as well (shipping not included). There are some that don't have PRV so they're about $10 less from what I've seen.

On craigslist they vary. I would not spend more than $50 each on craigslist because for $10 more I can get one at my LHBS that will be guaranteed to hold pressure or I can return it.

$45 on CL will guarantee that they will go right away.

Which LHBS is that? Atlantic's website has them at about $80, and Bull City at $70.

At mine LHBS, thou may acquire used/reconditioned ball locks for a sum of $70, pin locks for $50, or pinlocks with with PRVs for $60. Or thou may purchase thine ball lock kegs new at a rate of $135.

Prices vary significantly... I'm in CT, I just scored a ball lock with my preferred PRV style (the lever not the pull ring) for $40 off of CL. Somebody else has a bunch for sale, but he is asking $65, and has offered me them at $50 a piece with the pull ring style PRV if I buy four, but I don't want four more kegs right now (I know right?) and I don't want to spend $200 on THAT part of my brewing hobby at the moment, as I've got that money slotted for other things (taps & associated).

Back