Weyerbacher Double Simcoe DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnova

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Per their Facebook page, Weyerbacher is ceasing production of their Double Simcoe Double IPA. They were kind enough to post the all-grain recipe for it. :mug:

13887062_10153761987192078_4532522595481007075_n.jpg

2.25 of crystal 150 in an IPA mashed at 154? I can't see myself liking this beer. never even heard of it actually.

that amount of crystal immediately jumped out at me too.

the hopping is also something i did not expect. this beer has been around for 10 years. 8 OZ WP hop and 8 OZ DH i would have figured to be unheard of 10 years ago. Hell, even now, that is on the high end relative to NEIPAs.

That grain bill really makes me think of why I have come to dislike some of the "older" DIPAs out there. They're just too sweet. Almost 14% crystal 150 is crazy sauce. the 1/2 pound of simcoe DH sounds excesses all at once. I would break that up into two dryhop addition if you're insistent on using a full half pound.

Just saw this response to the question about 150:

Weyerbacher Brewing We went by Crystal 150 so that could mean 15 SRM or EBC. We used our normal proportions on our products to develop this recipe. Adjust per your product usage.

Well... and the recipe is just plain wrong. That much c150 gets the SRM to +25, it looks brown

the only thing that looks good is the flameout and dry hop

Back