Western NY brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

716brewer

Reaction score
Greetings all, long time brewer and reader of this site. I've been home brewing and member in a brew club in upstate/western NY areas for almost 10 years now. I started in Buffalo, moved to Syracuse, now back in Buffalo. I brew beer, wine, cider, and mead. I started as an extract brewer, did a few partial mashes, then eventually switched to all grain. I recently got solar panels on my house so converted to electric brewing. Almost everything I do is on a budget so I have a lot of ideas and experience with doing my own builds and modifications.

Welcome from LI. We have a place on Keuka Lake thats been in the family since the 50's...Love it up there
I spent many a summer for 1 week in a rental place on Lake Keuka. By far my favorite finger lake. Just out of curiosity, do you rent it out?

I spent many a summer for 1 week in a rental place on Lake Keuka. By far my favorite finger lake. Just out of curiosity, do you rent it out?
We do. Its through a rental agency but has 6 bedrooms.a 200 ft beach and L shape dock....we don;t control the price but its not cheap for the week. Splitting it with a couple family's makes for a a great time....its out on the bluff on a secluded lot and quiet road....it sells out every year....PM me if seriously interested.

Welcome. You are probably too young to remember some of the last small WNY breweries. Koch's, Simon Pure, there were a few others. I was weaned on that stuff.

Welcome. You are probably too young to remember some of the last small WNY breweries. Koch's, Simon Pure, there were a few others. I was weaned on that stuff.
You would be correct. However, there are currently more than 30 craft breweries and 5 distilleries in the WNY area, so there certainly isn't a shortage of good (and, well, crappy) beer!

We do. Its through a rental agency but has 6 bedrooms.a 200 ft beach and L shape dock....we don;t control the price but its not cheap for the week. Splitting it with a couple family's makes for a a great time....its out on the bluff on a secluded lot and quiet road....it sells out every year....PM me if seriously interested.
Damn! I was hoping to catch somebody who is somehow ignorant of (or just, not interested in) the lucrative rental scene. No way can I get 2 families to coordinate on a 1 week vacation to fill a 6 bedroom house, ha.

Back