wells fargo, US postal police can all goto hell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
First of all my new business CC got stolen from yourtoner.com

So i get a call, from well fargo fraud division the day after i order from the site asking about certain charges. I said no i only ordered toner. they cancelled the charges & i was like cool.

SO today i get a package. I was like i didnt order anything. I then opened it & it was a watch. I was like this was probally part of that CC fraud.

I didnt know what to do so i called the local PD. they said call Postal police. I called the postal police explained the situation. I said the package came & i signed a delivery confirmation. I was like what do i do. I told them i had not called wells fargo because this is a package of something invovled with fraud & now it was delivered to my office. They asked me whether it was opened again. So instead of investigation it they said just send it back & since i opended it I had to pay the postage. they were like never open anything you dont know who it is from. I told them that we are a business we do real estate & taxes so i get like 2 of these a week. they still said was i had to pay for the postage. I was like WTF.

So my next call is to wellsl fargo. they said send it back. But where it was ordered from & where it was sent was two different countries.

I fing give up

First of all my new business CC got stolen from yourtoner.com

So i get a call, from well fargo fraud division the day after i order from the site asking about certain charges. I said no i only ordered toner. they cancelled the charges & i was like cool.

SO today i get a package. I was like i didnt order anything. I then opened it & it was a watch. I was like this was probally part of that CC fraud.

I didnt know what to do so i called the local PD. they said call Postal police. I called the postal police explained the situation. I said the package came & i signed a delivery confirmation. I was like what do i do. I told them i had not called wells fargo because this is a package of something invovled with fraud & now it was delivered to my office. They asked me whether it was opened again. So instead of investigation it they said just send it back & since i opended it I had to pay the postage. they were like never open anything you dont know who it is from. I told them that we are a business we do real estate & taxes so i get like 2 of these a week. they still said was i had to pay for the postage. I was like WTF.

So my next call is to wellsl fargo. they said send it back. But where it was ordered from & where it was sent was two different countries.

I fing give up

Chuck it, pretend it never showed up

Take pics of the unopened box, with the labels prominent & legible. Open the box & take pics of the contents, making sure all the brand names & labels & tags & such are visible. Type up a letter describing what happened & how you came to be in posession of the box & it's contents. Keep all originals, send copies to the police dept, bank fraud dept, shipping origin/place of purchase. Find out how long you have to wait before you can legally keep it. Wait that long. Enjoy your free watch with a clear consience & legal protection.
Or do whatever. As long as you don't have to pay for it & nobody wants it back, you might be in the clear. That's my 2 cents worth, GF.

I hear ya. We had Wells Fargo as a mortgage lender for a few years, they're completely worthless. Totally screwed up our escrow, was sending the money to Carroll County, GEORGIA...not Maryland. :mad: Dropped them like a hot potato.

Don't get me started on the the USPS...

I had a similar situation happen to me a while back.

Had 2 real estate get rich quick (GRQ) type packages show up on my porch, as well as a couple boxes of wine.

Long and short of it is: I called all 3 companies. One or two of the boxes were opened. One GRQ wanted their stuff back. Told em to send me a label (I had to be firm) and they did. One told me to keep the package (though I think there was a language barrier there...).

Best part was the wine: There were two packages of wine - one huge, one with 2 bottles. The wine company told me to send back the big box and keep the small one. That alone made dealing with all that crap kinda worth it ('twas good wine).

All that to say - call the company, explain the situation. If they want their watch back, they'll send a prepaid label (be firm).

I beleive there used to be a law that's still "enforced" that if you receive anything in the mail from a company and you didn't order it...it's yours...you don't have to send it back...the mistake was theirs...:D

Pinch a loaf in the box, reseal it THEN send it back.
(Minus the watch of course)
-Me

After re-reading the OP - I'd seriously recommend a couple scans of the computer used to make the order that resulted in fraudulent charges. It's quite likely that the problem was on your end - not theirs...

If they sent you a prepaid return envelope with the mail for any sign up
kind of dealy - that acts as valid postage when placed on the outside of
a package.

Fill a box up with garbage and bricks to the maximum allowed weight from your
local post office. Tape the pre paid return postage envelope to the outside
of the box and Bon Voyage! Just make sure you don't send anything illegal
like biological material, etc.

They'll be responsible for disposal of your garbage and postage fees.

See how many more packages they send to your address then.

I agree with the comment made earlier about keeping anything that was shipped by mistake. Its not your fault if they want it back they can send you a label.

As for Wells Fartgo. They suck, SWMBO used to work there.

The management people are awful. They get a large amount of state funds in Iowa for creating new jobs something like 2000 positions and then they fill most of the positions with contract employees. In SWMBOs IT group they hired and fired based on the interest rate changes. Actually they did so at whatever whim that comes about...

The employees are not really theirs they pay no benefits and don't have to pay unemployment when they fire. Therefore they can treat people like dirt. If they don't like a person they get rid of them like they are garbage. Then say send us another body. SWMBO saw this all the time. If you are always at risk of loosing your job will you give a flying-fark about the customer. Probably just enough to keep your job.

SWMBO got paid by the hour. No vacation, no sick days, no health benefits. The bosses were allowed to be disrespectful too because of the hire and fire mentality.

About 5 years ago SWMBO had a miscarrage at week 20. She left work for the surgery. She was out for a week. When she went back to work her badge was turned off but managed to get in the building somehow. She had trouble logging in while she was trying to straighten that out her lady boss asked what she was doing here. She told her we fired you last week. The SOB's didn't bother to call her at home to tell her this.

They are heartless bastards.

The fact that get money from the state and that they are not really hiring pisses me off.

Wells Fargo Sucks!

... and if not completely satisfied with your purchase, keep the watch for free!

yo, desertbrew. that avatar is awesome...you have a bigger pic of that?

Thought I saved the full size on my desktop. oh, wait that was on the home PC. I'll see if I can locate it on the interweb again. +1 on awesome.

Found
beetlejuicejoker.jpg

Back