Well that was fun, stuck corny keg post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_cad

Reaction score
I have had some corny kegs in storage for a few years that were used and I never refurbished them. Tonight I decided to attack one of them but in the end it won. The liquid side post would not budge. I tried everything: cheater bar, impact wrench, heating with a torch and even had my neighbor come help me with some pry bars. Nope. I ended up twisting the actual thread post. So I decided to just cut it off flush and I am making the hole bigger so I can insert a stopper with an airlock. Now I have a shiny new stainless fermenter for 4 gallon batches. :eek:

Dear Mr. Cad,

You may be our lucky winner! Every 10,000 kegs we manufacture includes one with a left hand thread, entitling it's owner to a valuable prize. To redeem your prize please ship your keg to our processing center. Please note any kegs that are damaged in any way may void redemption of your valuable prize.

Sincerely,
Left hand thread Corney keg prize Department

Back