Well, it finally happened......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomadb

Reaction score
I've brewed a beer that i'm not satisfied with :(

It was supposed to be a pale ale, but it is unremarkable at best.....

I got a little too intoxicated while brewing it because the wife was out of town and it came out......well......weak......underhopped.....it has a butterscotchy flavor.....it's disappointing

Oh well, it was bound to happen.

I think my IPA in the fermenter is going to be killer though :rockin:

It's good to have a couple beers while brewing, but too much affects the process.

How long has it been in the bottles or keg?

You may want to shelve it for a few months and try it again. It's astounding how much an unimpressive batch can improve with a little age. I've had a few batches now that I initially thought were failures, only to have them approach perfection a month or two later.

McKBrew said:
It's good to have a couple beers while brewing, but too much affects the process.

you got that right, jack :cross: my problem was the excitement of having the house to myself, coupled with the excitement of an upcoming concert the next day

yeah, i'm going to just leave it in the closet for a while.....try one every now and then.

it really wouldn't be bad if i had hopped it up to par

I agree with the give it time method, but one great thing about bad beer, is it makes a great ingredient in cooking. I have had a couple of beers that were not up to my standards, still very drinkable, but sub par, and I would use them to boil brats all the time. Just look at things on the bright side...you didnt make bad beer, you made good sauce :p

McKBrew said:

Dude, I'm currently dealing with a dilema that ties in to this too well: My SWMBO was also out of town, a friend of mine came over and we brewed, and drinked, but we drank more than we brewed.. anyway, I now have a batch of nearly undrinkable honey wheat that I don't know what to do with.... lesson learned: get drunk after you pitch your yeast!!

Back