Weldless Cooler Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabic

Reaction score
I recently decided that for my smaller batches, I would like to convert an extra 5g cooler I have into a mash tun (I usually use my 10g cooler). I bought my first ball valve/bulkhead converter kit online for my 10g cooler but I would like to save a few dollars this time (I would prefer not to take apart the bulkhead and ball valve from my current mash tun to measure everything). Does anyone have a list of all the pieces/sizes needed to construct the weldless ball valve w/ bulkhead (sizes of the o-rings, nuts, threaded bulkhead pieces, etc). I will be converting a 5g round cooler from home depot.

Thanks if anyone can help!

I recently decided that for my smaller batches, I would like to convert an extra 5g cooler I have into a mash tun (I usually use my 10g cooler). I bought my first ball valve/bulkhead converter kit online for my 10g cooler but I would like to save a few dollars this time (I would prefer not to take apart the bulkhead and ball valve from my current mash tun to measure everything). Does anyone have a list of all the pieces/sizes needed to construct the weldless ball valve w/ bulkhead (sizes of the o-rings, nuts, threaded bulkhead pieces, etc). I will be converting a 5g round cooler from home depot.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Yep, in the appendix of Palmer's How To Brew 3rd edition....dont have it handy, i'm at work. Can post later tonight if no one beats me to it.

Back