water spots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanishingpint

well- known member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble with water spots after drying their tubing?I hate that .I take a 22 rifle cleaning kit with some paper towel and dry it good on the inside then just sanitize before next use.

Not a problem. Just soak in sanitizer before using. If you use Starsan, soaking it before you let it dry should eliminate the water spots.

I've gotten mold before they dried.Guess I should sanitize after use and again before instead of just cleaning after. Ram rod does work though.

One thing I do after I clean out my tubing is take it outside and whirl it around like crazy (think helicopter blades) for a few minutes. This helps to drive a lot of the water out and the tiny droplets that are left dry out pretty quickly when the tubing is hung inside to dry. You could even run little wads of paper towel through it with a dowel rod to dry it out faster (seems like this is basically what you are doing currently).

I've always done the twirl,but i could never get it all out.Water spots were no problem ,but moldy water spots were .That's why I went with the ramrod no problems since. Thanks guys.

Back