Water Report Google Map - Add Your Info!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting my Ward Labs test for Baltimore, MD:

Baltimore, MD
Municipal Water, Near JHU Homewood
5/26/2011
Analysis by Ward Laboratories

7.8 pH
159 Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm
0.26 Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm
2.2 / 2.1 Cations / Anions, me/L

Ppm
18 Sodium, Na
2 Potassium, K
19 Calcium, Ca
6 Magnesium, Mg
73 Total Hardness, CaCO3
1.7 (SAFE) Nitrate, NO3-N
5 Sulfate, SO4-S
34 Chloride, Cl
<1 Carbonate, CO3
46 Bicarbonate, HCO3
38 Total Alkalinity, CaCO3

Added this report:

Easley-Central Water District (Serves parts of Pickens County, SC)
Ward Labs Report 03/2014

pH 7.5
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm 52
Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm 0.09
Cations / Anions, me/L 0.8 / 0.6

ppm
Sodium, Na 12
Potassium, K <1
Calcium, Ca 3
Magnesium, Mg 1
Total Hardness, CaCO3 12
Nitrate, NO3-N 0.2 (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S 5
Chloride, Cl 4
Carbonate, CO3 <1
Bicarbonate, HCO3 10
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 8
Total Phosphorus, P <0.01
Total Iron, Fe 0.02
"<" - Not Detected / Below Detection Limit

I am getting a summer water report done by Ward labs, hopefully its different from winter or ill have wasted 30 bucks ;)

Here's a question I asked earlier in an other thread that no one answered:

Does the water makeup indeed stay the same year-round, or does it change? Does it depend on the water source? If the water comes from a river, I can't see the values staying the same year-round, but maybe they do. It seems like the very premise of this project is founded on the water being the same in every household in a given area, all year.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Yes the water could change. My water company said it depends on the Ohio River height. With that said, my test results matched very closely to what they told me the numbers were months before. So I should probably ask them for updates every few months.

No you won't. You'll have learned that your summer and winter water characteristics are about the same. That's valuable information.

Turns out my measurements were pretty much exact within 1-2ppm. The first measured Nov 2013, this latest one the end of June 2014..so its good to know that our water here doesnt change much!

Also turns out i could have saved some money, after digging around more looking for water source information to make sure that our water source had swapped(which it had) i found this link..i guess it shouldnt surprise me with all of the large industry in the area. The water reports from the city that have very detailed stuff in it, and from what i can tell everything i would need going forward which means no more Ward labs for me.

Can you take a quick look at these AJ and or someone else? I am pretty sure across these two PDF's has everything i would need plus some.
http://www.jwcwater.org/admin/UserF...ults/JWC FW General Chemistry Data Report.pdf
http://www.jwcwater.org/admin/UserFiles/File/2014 Semi-Annual Results/JWC FW DW IOC Report.pdf

Also im glad to know that we have low levels of Choroform in our water, WTF? Lol
http://www.jwcwater.org/admin/UserFiles/File/2014 Semi-Annual Results/JWC FW General VOC Report.pdf

Wish I had seen this post before I had my test done. Thanks for the info will post my results. Sarasota County drinking water after running through a charcoal filter.

Late to the party, but I'm happy to help. I can draw the boundaries for Salem, OR, and I know how to add the pins. For info, do I need to send a sample of my tap water out, or can I just post the city water report details?
Salem's water report

It's mostly about solids and baddies, no pH or info like that. So are most folks mailing off a tap sample to Wards?

I don't like the taste of our tap water, so I always have used bottled water from the supermarket to brew (which I'm sure is someone else's tap water).

I second the sticky idea. I just stumbled across this and added my water report for Altadena, CA

I have, but then it matched up pretty well with what my water company told me so I've only done it once.

OK, I drew the rough boundaries and linked the municipal water report. If/when I run a actual sample from my tap, I'll drop a pin with the info.

salem.jpg

I second the sticky idea. I just stumbled across this and added my water report for Altadena, CA

I vote for a sticky too - this seems like an obvious sticky candidate.

Back