Water in My Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zider

Reaction score
So, I was bottling my Triple, (from Kit), when I realised I was a few bottles short. I figured I had mis-measured the dilution by quite a lot (1.5-2 litres short of the suggested 9).
So I decided to pour a little bit from each bottle out and topped up with water and made up an extra litre. Mainly to help bottle fermentation because it was so damned strong. It seemed a bit solventy so I was reading about faults. Then I read one fault comes from adding bl@@dy water after fermenting. I used Brita filtred water not tap. I added 175 ml to a litre, err that's about a cup to make 2 pints. Have I really screwed it up? It was crazy strong, I've drunk fin de monde and Achouffe regularly. This seemed a lot stronger, maybe this was the fusels?
Of course what I want is someone to tell me it'll be fine.

Ideally, you should add the water before fermentation, right after boil. Honestly, I would have probably left it alone, and been happy with the 47-50 bottles I got, but that's just me. Just a thought. ;-)

well that's just it, i got 20 bottles instead of 27, it was like a quarter missing. A quadruple instead of a triple

Back