Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I'd add to the list based on my recent dreaming..

If you have ever debated between 2 hop varieties for your IPA recipe in your dreams and woke up still confused as to which hop to use, you may have a problem.

When your kids are watching you clean bottles and they say "Daddy there are still bubbles in there!" and you respond with "Don't fear the foam!"

When you can hear tornado sirens, and the power is flickering in the house, but you continue to boil your hops to their target time.....

Seriously though..... there was a tornado about 10 miles north, and one 10 miles south.... :rockin:

When you can hear tornado sirens, and the power is flickering in the house, but you continue to boil your hops to their target time.....

Seriously though..... there was a tornado about 10 miles north, and one 10 miles south.... :rockin:

Yeah I was told it is starting early over there this year.

I know I drink too much when I constantly dream of horses. And raisins.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fe4fyhzS3UM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When you wake up at 5 am to brew even though you have to work that same night from 6 to 6. I'm beat! *yawn*

JoeyChopps said:
When u use a portal-john and u see the #2 recycle mark and the first thing that pops in ur head is "if I could get a new john and seal it up I can ferment in this bad boy"

Would you call that a Porter John or Dopplestinkah? :)

I have often thought of other random fermentation vessels only to realize the issue would be in temp control. Maybe you could run glycerol through it somehow. The frau would be pleased. lol

I set my phones homepage to my control panel. Every time I get back in my truck for a water break or to move it I pull it up and read a post or two. It was really bad when I got my first smart phone I would look for reasons to take a water break.

When your routine for cleaning and sanitizing your home-brew bottles is more thorough then the cleaning and sanitizing of your 3 month olds bottles.

When you dry beer equipment on your newborns bottle drying rack

image-2265565974.jpg

When you reach high school chemistry and you wonder if you could get away with doing a homebrew session as a lab.

My wifeis talking to me right now but I am still typing. Oh yeah I have 3 carboys in my closet.... that too

When you cram every last thing you can into the attic space above the garage in order to turn a closet into your brew closet/ferm chamber.

SWMBO asks: "Where is our (insert name of irrelevant object)". Me: "I don't know, check the attic".

When you have plenty of bottles already,but can't resist recycling the German bottles. And save many more for whoever might need them,including good craft 12'r boxes as well. I started thinking maybe I should change my video series to,bottles,boxes,& blow offs!! lolz...:rockin:

When you get home at 11:30pm on daylight saving's day from a day of puking while traveling home on 3 separate flights from your first Vegas trip, and you realize it's bottling day, so you stay up till 3am cleaning, sanitizing, and bottling.

When co-workers, who have been transferred to another work location, schedule lunch dates with you offering to pay for lunch...as long as you 'bring a couple of bottles of your latest batches' to try....

Fine by me :D ...March 27th, btw.... Belgian Pale Ale should be bottle-conditioned by that time!

Haha thanks Dawn! I'm still not accustomed to the time change =\ can never find sleep. I guess I'll read some more forums to pass the time!

RipeforYelp22 said:
Your back hurts from brewing so you have your boyfriend massage it with the butt of a beer bottle.

A carboy wire brush makes for a great back scratcher as well.

When every large container you see driving down the road, regardless of condition you think "hmmm, I could ferment beer in that"

When every large container you see driving down the road, regardless of condition you think "hmmm, I could ferment beer in that"

Haha, for sure.. there's a guy around the corner from me that always has a half dozen of those large HDPE barrels in the back of his truck, I keep thinking "hhm, giant mash tun..."

When you are straining out the veggies and bones from a batch of chicken stock and think "I should sparge that for better efficiency" ...... And then you do it!

For the record the second chicken stock runnings were very good.

You enjoy having your primary vessels in your bedroom during the first few days of fermentation because you find it's easier to fall asleep to the steady tapping of the fermentation lock.

Last Saturday I was twenty five minutes into the boil, just about to add my second addition of hops, when my neighbor's wife came over, all upset that her husband was cutting down trees in his yard, when one vary large branch fell on top of the bucket lift that he was standing in, knocking him out and left dangling some 30 feet in the air attached to a safety harness. I hate to admit it, but the first thing that raced through my mind was, who will add the hops.

Latest posts

Back