Wanted to complain, facepalm somewhere after dumb move

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyabob

Reaction score
Did my first brewing for the first time in 3 years. Got all the old the old supplies out and had a **perfect** brew session. Nothing went wrong, no spillovers, no nada.

Finally got the carboy settled in the hallway closet when I decide to bust out the old Son of Fermentation Chiller in the garage and use that instead, save on AC costs. I put the thing into the chiller, turn the fan on and put the carboy in. I think the old thing looks a bit dusty, so I grab a vacuum to do a superficial swipe real quick, and THEN KNOCK THE AIRLOCK OFF ONTO THE GROUND. I ran and grabbed a paper towel, covered the thing, and quickly found some spare star san solution to rinse and resanitize the airlock, replacing it while I sprayed a bit of star san around for good measure.

So mad at myself. Fingers crossed I didnt cross contaminate.

As many times I've had to swap out airlocks and whatnot I think you'll be in good shape.

I have my fingers crossed. My paranoid self keeps returning to the fan in the chiller blowing god knows what. I think this is definitely a 'Relax. Don't Worry. Have a home-brew' moment.

Back