• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wanted to buy - Used cask (pin)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure you’ve checked already but sometimes you can find them on Facebook marketplace or craigslist, at least I’ve seen them before
Yep, thanks. Like hourly, lol. Only thing are a couple of firkins a few hours away, and a guy who said he had pins and firkins....I confirmed volume with him, shows up with 7.5 and 15 gallon Hoff-Stevens. Still looking.

Dang that’s a bummer. I can imagine it would be hard to rip through a firkin before it went off too! I would check out g4 kegs. They sell to consumers as well, just have to ask for a quote for a pin. They have them in stock. Got mine from them years back and I would again if I needed another.

Dang that’s a bummer. I can imagine it would be hard to rip through a firkin before it went off too! I would check out g4 kegs. They sell to consumers as well, just have to ask for a quote for a pin. They have them in stock. Got mine from them years back and I would again if I needed another.
Thanks, I did look into that - was it you, maybe, where I saw you'd used them? - but on their site there's only kegs, no casks. But thanks, I did query them just a few minutes ago.

Yeah it was me - realized after I replied that I’m fairly certain I commented on another thread of yours saying that’s what I used. If you go on their site and look at keg products and scroll down they have pins and firkins too. Hopefully they give you a good quote!

Yeah it was me - realized after I replied that I’m fairly certain I commented on another thread of yours saying that’s what I used. If you go on their site and look at keg products and scroll down they have pins and firkins too. Hopefully they give you a good quote!
Thanks rmr. My memory is faulty so it doesn't surprise me this is covered ground. I did see their cask pin and am looking for a quote. Many thanks.

Just an fyi, but G4 doesn't ship directly any longer, but will ship to my LHBS as long as my store is willing to use their reseller's info, as G4 doesn't charge sales tax. Shipped to my store, they quoted $138, and that's with "a $4.00 promo" - which is about what I'd pay if I ordered directly from Kegco. I'll keep looking for a used one but may end up just getting a Kegco.

Not a pin, but UK Brewing Supply has used firkins for $85.00

Used Firkin Cask

10015-2T.jpg

Not a pin, but UK Brewing Supply has used firkins for $85.00

Used Firkin Cask

10015-2T.jpg
Thanks Wayne. Yeah, I'd seen that and queried on whether he ever works with used pins. He said only firkins. I also have a couple of firkins within driving distance from FB marketplace. I'd love it, but only way I could do something like that would be to do double brews in the fermenter as I do 5 gallon brewlengths. Then....what to do with all the ale? I don't have that many friends!

Back