• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED- Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutty_gnome

Reaction score
WANTED
Your old copy of:

Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation
by Stephen Harrod Buhner

I'm offering 10 bucks total shipped any way you like, immediate payment by paypal. Who's got one they don't want anymore?

Reply below, first come first serve. N_G

After seeing your post, this book sounded intriguing. Bought on off Amazon for $13.57; it arrived yesterday. Interesting so far.

The more of this I read, the more this guy sounds like a nut. If half of his claims about the healing properties of honey & pollen are true, modern medicine should be undergoing a revolution. Not sure about the author's credentials; they are not cited in the book.

Nevertheless, it is an interesting read so far (first few chapters).

Ah, you just have to read it as history. 500 years ago, everyone believed in all those properties. That's a huge part of the evolution of fermenting beverages. I think it's incredibly fascinating, though I haven't dared to try any of the recipes.

I bought this book at Austin Home brew when I was there on a whim. Nice book, although I probably paid cover price. I would not sell it, though, I like having a library of brewing books.

Ah, you just have to read it as history. 500 years ago, everyone believed in all those properties. That's a huge part of the evolution of fermenting beverages. I think it's incredibly fascinating, though I haven't dared to try any of the recipes.

I can't imagine ANYTHING that could make wormwood palatable. Just an FYI.

With Absinthe is it the alcohol content or the wormwood that numbs the tongue?

I think I might pick this up seeing that its a look at the history of brewing & fermentation.

Let me know how it ends......infected batch or tasty nectar of the gods?

I ended up throwing away the wormwood. It was too bitter to even contemplate putting in a drink. I've never been high in my life and now I suppose I never will be...which is OK with me.

Back