Visiting Santa Rosa area, looking for brewery recomendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu6251

Reaction score
Will be down in Windosr in a couple weeks and looking to enjoy some quality brews. I have visited several times and always hit the usual suspects (Russian River, Lagunitas and Bear Republic). Any orher recomendations for good local spots?

Thanks

It's a bit of a drive (maybe a couple hours from Windsor), but Sante Adairius is a good one to check out if you can.

It's a bit of a drive (maybe a couple hours from Windsor), but Sante Adairius is a good one to check out if you can.

Sante Adairus Rustic Ales is just south of Santa Cruz, where I live, and it takes about 2.5 hours to drive from here to Santa Rosa. That's assuming no traffic through SF... In addition to SARA, we've got Discretion Brewing, New Bohemia Brewing Company, Seabright Brewery, Santa Cruz Mountain Brewery, and several good taprooms, so if you do get down south, there are definitely enough breweries to keep you occupied.

San Francisco is much closer, of course. I really like Magnolia in the Haight. Cellarmaker, 21st Amendment and Thirsty Bear are all relatively close together in the SOMA area.

You should also check out Petaluma Hills Brewing....another former HBT member who went pro!

Cooperage Brewing Company 981 airway ct, Santa Rosa. Not sure if the barrels are ready b/c they just started but he's got beer on tap. I'm told the guy used to brew for Russian River.

Also Sonoma Springs in Sonoma....news location is nice!

From the Petalum Hills site:

HenHouse Brewing (Petaluma)
101 North Brewing Co. (Petaluma)
Shady Oak Barrel House (Santa Rosa)
Fogbelt Brewing Company (Santa Rosa)
Woodfour Brewing Company (Sebastepol)
Old Redwood Brewing (Windsor)
St. Florian's Brewery (Windsor)
Local Brewing Co. (Mission Terrace - San Francisco)
Pacific Brewing Laboratories (SOMA - San Francisco)
Pine Street Brewery (San Francisco)

Latest posts

Back