New England Vacation Suggestions/ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After surfing google maps at work I noticed Grey Sail Brewing is only about 10 minutes from where we are staying in CT. I guess we will road trip to Rhode Island. I do enjoy the Captain’s Daughter!
Doh! And I'd highly recommend Tilted Barn Brewery which is about 10 miles away. Don't know if it's closer or farther on your location

and what would a stop in Portland or Freeport ME be without catching a bite + pint or three at Gritty's?

https://grittys.com/

I was a mug club member at Gritty's for about 12 years and would never say anything to disparage them but if I were in Freeport looking for a great meal and a good selection of local beers that isn't tourist town expensive I'd go to Jameson Tavern beside L.L. Bean down town.

This is a must !!!!

On your ride up 95 North through NH into Maine, make sure to stop at Tributary Brewing in Kittery. It's like 1.5 - 2 miles off the highway and really won't take much time off your travel.

Most likely you will be able to sit and have a beer and a chat with the one and only, Tod Mott.

In the Mt Washington Valley i will throw in a vote for Moat Mountain, good food, good beer. If you are heading through the Lincoln NH area i would recommend Woodstock Inn and Brewery. Their beer was up and down a few years ago but they seem to be back on track.

If you are in the Littleton, NH area I recommend Schilling Beer Company

In VT you seem to be hitting many of the top spots. Not sure if i saw Fiddlehead or Lost Nation or Rock Art listed anywhere. All worth visiting. In Waterbury I like the Reservoir(not a brewery but a great VT tap selection and the Blackback Cafe (across the street from Pro Pig, on the corner. not a brewery either but great selection and food

Latest posts

Back