Visiting Chicago!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shizog4

Reaction score
My GF and I are going to Chicago on the 14th, any good craft beer bars? I heard of one that was re opened with all Chicago breweries on tap, any ideas?

I like Sheffields on Sheffield Ave. Just south of Wrigleyville. They don't make their own beer, but plenty on draft and a nice beer garden under huge trees in the back.

And stop by Binny's South Loop location on Jefferson for an amazing commercial bottle selection.

Piece Brewpub will net you an awesome English Pale Ale and Kolsch to wash down an equally amazing pizza.

If you also like metal, go to Kuma's Corner (http://www.kumascorner.com/). Not only do they have the BEST gourmet burgers in the world, but their beer selection is very good. Not super extensive (maybe 30-40), but all quality beers.

Dont run any red lights, they have cameras... I just got a ticket yesterday from months ago.

Rock Bottom Brewery --> http://www.rockbottom.com/

Went there last year and had a couple pints of wheat with one of their flat bread pizzas, DELICIOUS!

Speaking of, we'll be in Chicago this coming Sunday and plan on stopping in here for dinner again. Look for the tall guy staggering around the bar, mumbling about an IPA refill. I'll be signing autographs all nighdsklh unkldf fhoh br da huh? 4 dollars, whey you do tha dnfklsn BURP.

Rock Bottom is a chain, they have them all throughout the country. Skip it and go for more local fare.

"Chicago" is now a vague term. Will you be in the city or the burbs? West, North or South?

In Chicago? Haymarket is worth the trip for the beer. Had many a beer there, not sure about the food though.

West of the city? Try Two Brothers. They have an Aurora location and Warrenville. Good stuff. Emmetts in Downers Grove/Palatine is worth a stop too. Their McCarthy's Red is the staple, and pretty good.

North of the city? Try Flatlanders. Good IPA and Brown Ale.

South of the city? Harrison's in Orland is pretty good. Have a good Pale Ale and Pilsner...

I think we are staying in the north side, my gf has family there....

I'm gonna try hitting up a cubs game so I can see wrigley (I'm a red sox fan) But I will have plenty of time for drinking beer. And then I have to ship fat tire home since we don't have any in Florida yet

Goose island has a brewpub a half blovk from wrigley field if you're going to a cubs game.

My favorites on the north side (breweries not brew pubs) are in this rough order:

Revolution, goose island on clyborne, haymarket, peice.

Three floyds, lucky monk, flossmoor station and two brothers are all within a reasonable distance as well.

Half Acre Brewery on Lincoln makes some fantastic suds.

If you have ample time, you almost HAVE to make a pilgrimage down to Three Floyds south of the city in Munster, IN. It is well worth the trip for the food alone, but the beer is really great. If you can't make it to the brew pub, pick some up at a bottle shop to drag home with you.

There are too many beer focused pubs and restaurants to list out but the Map Room is a classic, as is Hop Leaf, and really close to Wrigley, Sheffield's on Sheffield just south of Clark has a great tap list and a nice beer garden.

Currently at piece, I really enjoy these beers and the pizza was very good as well.....wonder what ill beer place ill make it next

You are close to a few good ones, namely The Map Room, around the corner. If you like belgians its a must.

Also Revolution is only an el stop away, you could walk it if your not lazy.

Back