Illinois Suggestions for Craft breweries in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerNPasta

Reaction score
I’ll be in Chicago next week and looking for peoples suggestions for the favorite craft beer spots. Not A fan of places with large menus and prefer taprooms of specific breweries.

Cheers!

I lived Chicago for a few years, and hands down my favorite beers were by Off Color Brewing. Their taproom (called "The Mousetrap") is comfortable with friendly staff, and the brewing area is visible.

If you want to hit up several breweries, you can check out "Malt Row" where multiple breweries are within walking distance of each other, including Forbidden Root, Half Acre, Dovetail (as @AlexKay recommended above), and others.

Seconded for hop butcher, though their rotation is mostly ipa/hop forward offerings.

Thirded for Dovetail (if you're into more traditional euro style beers) and Hop Butcher (if you like IPAs, especially of the hazy variety). Also agree that Off Color is good but it depend what you like. They make a lot of interesting things that you don't see anywhere else. Maplewood, Half Acre, Metropolitan are all solid.

Latest posts

Back