"Vinator" bottle rinser - Any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBJones

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the "Vinator" style bottle rinsers...both for rinsing with water and with sanitizer? Are they any good...in particular THIS ONE or THAT ONE? Looking for something to keep set up for quick rinses as bottles are emptied. Really missing the sink-mounted Jet in the guest bathroom!

Last edited:
I have “That One” and use it to sanitize bottles on bottling day. I do not leave it out all the time. I have only used it a few times since purchasing it, but it Has always done the trick for me.

I have THAT ONE for sanitizing only. Works fine and it's been used for years. I wouldn't think of using it as a rinsing device.

Attachments

• 1630519391943.png
    1630519391943.png
    53 KB · Views: 4
I've got THAT ONE which I use for sanitizing on bottling day too. Had an issue with the threaded part that screws into the red base that has the spring and plunger inside it. Either overtightened it or put some lateral pressure on it, but the thread split off about halfway up the thread. Ended up fixing it with JB Plastic Weld and put a strengthener ring inside the part as well. I store it with the part unscrewed from the base so there isn't constant spring loading on it.

Being in South Africa, I don't know whether it is the original product or a knockoff with cheaper plastic. Seems solid, no molding issues and other symptoms of cheap construction.

Jet won't attach to any of the new faucets
You're talking about rinsing HB bottles that have some yeast in the bottom? THAT ONE won't be effective since the reservoir will be "dirty" after one use. Was there a reason just using faucet water doesn't work for you?

I use the Vinator for sanitizing and love it. It does spray pretty powerfully but with a relatively small fluid reservoir you would have to change out the water frequently if you were to use it as a rinser for cruddy bottles.

I have that brass thing for rinsing but rarely need it because I rinse empties right after pouring. All they need is sanitizing before filling the next time..

I also have THAT ONE also and love it! But since I started kegging I’ve only used it a handful of times now but so glad when I bottle up a few bottles for gifts it makes things so simple.

I use the Vinator for sanitizing and love it. It does spray pretty powerfully but with a relatively small fluid reservoir you would have to change out the water frequently if you were to use it as a rinser for cruddy bottles.

I have that brass thing for rinsing but rarely need it because I rinse empties right after pouring. All they need is sanitizing before filling the next time..

Thanks for the replies!
As it applies to rinsing with water, was really just wondering if it would be good for immediately after a bottle is emptied. Not so much for getting rid of crud.

THAT ONE hands down-- I've been using it the same one to sanitize bottles for a solid dozen years, and I got it second hand! Literally, if you're a bottler, one of the best investments you can make IMO

Another vote for "that one." I use it all the time when bottling. Just be sure the bottles are well rinsed when you store them away, and use "that one" to sanitize them the day of bottling. Haven't had a bad bottle yet!

I had never seen THIS ONE before. I have THAT ONE and very happy with it. My only beef is that if you dismantle it to wash it, it doesn't just snap back together. But it still works. I use it with a Star San mix on bottling day.

Thanks for the replies!
As it applies to rinsing with water, was really just wondering if it would be good for immediately after a bottle is emptied. Not so much for getting rid of crud.
THAT ONE will have enough pressure to rinse out a bottle immediately, although I find that filling about 1/5th with warm tap water, swirling vigourously and dumping a couple of times does the job. Both of these use a closed, recycling reservoir and the cleaning water will now have yeast and trub residue in it, which unless you rinse with clean water, will leave the bottle contaminated.

First I had this one you listed first (Vinator), and now I have this second one. The latter is better and more durable and I use it every time I bottle beer for disinfection. I wash each bottle immediately in water after drinking so I don’t need an extra wash on the day of bottling.

Thanks for all the replies...I ended up getting THAT ONE. Haven't really used it to rinse bottles with water, but did use it to sanitize them when I bottled a few days ago (Sunday). Every time before I'd totally submerge bottles in a bucket of Starsan, and pour each out just before filling it. Holy cow did this thing speed up the process! Highly recommended!

By the way, it's much larger than pictures make it appear. The "basin" contains liquid and foam very well.

I started with That One, but moved on to a FastWasher (FastWasher24 Bottle Washer). Not cheap, but alot faster and more efficient than doing each bottle one-by-one. I can use PBW and IOSan with it. I can clean and sanitize 48 bottle in less than a half hour. And putter around in the meantime!

Am I the only guy here that successfully uses THIS ONE?
I use it on bottling day. If I used it with just water, those splashes wouldn't be enough. But I nuke my bottles with caustic+bleach solution and then rinse them with iodophore-disinfected water, all with my trusty THIS ONE. No bottle infection issues ever.

I wouldn't use neither for rinsing freshly-emptied bottles. More often than not bottles are covered with a thin film of yeast from inside. And a splash on "Vinator" wouldn't remove it. So, bristle-brushing and rinsing each bottle fresh after each session is a must in my practice.

Last edited:
Back