Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's a **** ton of spam bots but the ladder seems pretty legit to date. Blizzard still sending out ban hammers to hackers however there is a lot of bots running games...

and yea the currency has changed loads but im not up to par yet on everything... 2nd day playing lol

surprisingly enough... still a whole lot of people are playing this game and from what ive been reading a lot of people are going back to it.... i met 4 people in one evening that just started playing again after getting sick of other games

I've mostly been a big brand player. Metal Gear, GTA, CoD ....

I watched a video and it played a quick clip from the indie game Inside.

So I blew the dust off the PS4, figured out how you can buy games through the PS4 which is really awesome. Bought it and played it straight through. It's amazing, it's was like playing a piece of art to me.

After taking probably a year off Smite I just started that back up. They have made a fair amount of adjustments and my fav character I use to wreck with Artemis is now lousy. Her crowd control ultimate now will chase minions over a near by god...WTF!? Overall I really like the hunter class but after that disappointment I turned to the dark side and started messing around with Zeus and Poseidon

I've mostly been a big brand player. Metal Gear, GTA, CoD ....

I watched a video and it played a quick clip from the indie game Inside.

So I blew the dust off the PS4, figured out how you can buy games through the PS4 which is really awesome. Bought it and played it straight through. It's amazing, it's was like playing a piece of art to me.

I've read about that one, and was tempted. There was another one similar to it too that got pretty high regards. Limbo, IIRC.

Anybody still playing Destiny? I've gotten bored with most games but still play a little when I have time to kill.

I've read about that one, and was tempted. There was another one similar to it too that got pretty high regards. Limbo, IIRC.

According to Wikipedia, Inside is the successor to Limbo, by the same studio. That reminds me that I should probably try Limbo again, if only I could get HumbleBundle working on my Chinese phone...

Yea I read that too. I really enjoyed Inside, really so. It's like a Jim Jarmusch video game, only stuff happens.

Yea I read that too. I really enjoyed Inside, really so. It's like a Jim Jarmusch video game, only stuff happens.

I bought the bundle over the weekend. Haven't played Inside yet but have played Limbo up to about chapter 39, I think. I am currently stuck at a place where I know what to do but cannot get the timing right.

This game has had numerous WTF, no clue what to do next-ima give the bless up, moments. But I keep going back.

Anybody still playing Destiny? I've gotten bored with most games but still play a little when I have time to kill.

I still thoroughly enjoy the game but the inability to form random teams on endgame raids was a deal breaker for me. If that remains a requirement I doubt I will even consider a sequel. Despite the fact that it is my all time favorite FPS.

Finally ran a Ethernet wire from 2nd fl router to basement just so I could have a good internet connect for my PS4.
Been playing Star Wars Battlefront.
Was thinking of pulling the trigger on COD, but my old COD clan all run in Battlefield 1 these days!

I've been playing a good amount of Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 with my daughter. It looks a little goofy but is surprisingly fun. Being able to jump from coop to competitive while playing by switching teams is a hoot, too.

Does anyone play heroes of the storm or diablo 3? I am looking forward to the necromancer release in d3. Would also definitely be interested in playing some more late game d2 for nostalgia, let me know if anyone has been enjoying that recently.

I've been playing a good amount of Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 with my daughter. It looks a little goofy but is surprisingly fun. Being able to jump from coop to competitive while playing by switching teams is a hoot, too.

Fun game. Hard to play local multi-player because old eyes, despite 67" screen.

Fun game. Hard to play local multi-player because old eyes, despite 67" screen.

Yeah, I get that. Not a big fan of online multiplayer because I don't need 15-year-olds telling me me they they did bad stuff to my mother. It's hard finding coop stuff to play with my daughter these days.

playing star wars the old republic mostly nowadays and replaying dragonage from the start all the way through :D

ps. mass effect 2 is currently free to get from Origin(ea's online shop)

Ive played an embarrassing amount of hours of this game. I have all of the snow gloves, all of the gnome statues, and have beat the a garden ops on craazzzy difficult...LOL the funny part is I downloaded for my sisters kids and I am the one who got hooked.

Haven't played in a coupe of weeks though ive been stuck on a game called Smite.

ps. mass effect 2 is currently free to get from Origin(ea's online shop)

I enjoyed all three of those (even #3, despite the ending drama), but I think #2 was the biggest leap forward - graphics much better than #1, and the story was incredible. Looking forward to ME: Andromeda. In the meantime, got Deus Ex Mankind Divided - was $18 or so on Steam this past weekend - too good to pass up (loved the first Deus Ex game)

Okay, Inside. Much nicer graphics. The slight tinge of color is a lot less fatiguing.

Despite being easier to look at for a while, I have to say the puzzles (so far) have been much easier to solve than in Limbo.

With that said, I got stuck tho'. Will pick it up again tonight to see if I can solve the current puzzle. No spoilers, please. I am stuck at the bit with the traveling chain hook, underwater switch, and long haired water nymph. I just can't seem to get to the switch before the nymph catches me. Not sure what the switch even does. I've tried the chain hook too, but do not see what it's purpose is. I assumed it was to lure the nymph far enough away to give more time but that didn't work for me.

I will figure it out but it got late and I got tired.

I installed it a week or so ago and finished it in maybe three days. It's shorter than I expected. There were a few puzzles that stumped me for a while but nothing unmanageable after a little extra thought.

If you need a non spoiling hint, I might be able to help if you describe where you're stuck.

I am pretty sure I finished Limbo in a couple of hours. However it was a few years ago so I don't remember much about specific puzzles.

A couple hours sounds about right. Steam tells me that I had the game up for 3 hours, which was probably more like 3:45 but includes some time when I had it open but was taking care of the baby so 2.5-3 hours sounds about right for the finish time. It's shorter than I expected - I kept expecting the mind worms to come back in the context of the gravity puzzles but then it just . . . ended.

Wanted the Skyrim DLC, but when I saw that the Special Edition comes with the DLC and was the same price as all the DLC combined, I went and got that instead.

Graphics are better, but not by much. Lot less bugs.

For the price, I'd suggest getting it if you don't already have the DLC or haven't played much of it already.

I installed it a week or so ago and finished it in maybe three days. It's shorter than I expected. There were a few puzzles that stumped me for a while but nothing unmanageable after a little extra thought.

If you need a non spoiling hint, I might be able to help if you describe where you're stuck.

Nah. I am into the gravity puzzles. Not stuck in so much that I don't know what to do, more of a stuck because I can't get the timing right.

I've prolly got about 3 hours into this game so far. Thus I am likely nearing the end.

Got bored with the games I have currently been playing.

Bought Resident Evil 7. Played for about an hour. Haven't played enough to pass judgement on it yet.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands open beta is finally starting today. Going to give it a shot tonight to see if it is worth picking up.

Gotta say, not nearly impressed with the gameplay as I thought I was going to be. The AI is really clunky and the graphics were not as good as I expected. Hopefully the release version will be a bit more polished. Didn't give co-op a shot yet which may be the way to go but I'm starting to second guess whether or not I will be picking this up...

Gotta say, not nearly impressed with the gameplay as I thought I was going to be. The AI is really clunky and the graphics were not as good as I expected. Hopefully the release version will be a bit more polished. Didn't give co-op a shot yet which may be the way to go but I'm starting to second guess whether or not I will be picking this up...

I struggle with FPS anymore. They all come across as more of the same to me. I've found myself going back to some of the older versions and enjoying them immensely. Old school BOTG COD Modern Warfare, etc...

I struggle with FPS anymore. They all come across as more of the same to me. I've found myself going back to some of the older versions and enjoying them immensely. Old school BOTG COD Modern Warfare, etc...

Yeah, I've felt the same about the Battlefield series. The BF1 campaign mode is rather bland but it's better than the previous titles. I think the thing for me is I'm so used to playing multiplayer and facing enemies who actually think makes playing campaign modes feel so dull.

Hopefully Wildlands will incorporate some multiplayer aspects into the game and not just co-op campaign.

Yeah, I've felt the same about the Battlefield series. The BF1 campaign mode is rather bland but it's better than the previous titles. I think the thing for me is I'm so used to playing multiplayer and facing enemies who actually think makes playing campaign modes feel so dull.

Hopefully Wildlands will incorporate some multiplayer aspects into the game and not just co-op campaign.

That is what is so appealing about the older miltary style FPS games, the multiplayer. The campaign modes on some/many of those older games were an after thought.

Surprised no one's brought it up yet...but maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Anyone pick up the Nintendo Switch yet? Breath of the Wild is KILLER

Surprised no one's brought it up yet...but maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Anyone pick up the Nintendo Switch yet? Breath of the Wild is KILLER

My co-worker bought one and he brings it in so I've got to put a little time on it during lunch breaks and stuff. I'll say this, over all its a pretty cool device. I like how you can just stop a game in the middle of playing it and put the switch to sleep and when you go back to play it the game starts exactly where you left off no problems! Graphics are really nice, seems to pretty smooth in transitioning through menus and stuff... Cons it has a bad glare if your not in perfect lighting this is actually a pretty big set back for me, also the kick stand seems a bit flimsy you pretty much cant use the touch screen while its on the kick stand without knocking it over, and the controllers are cool but pretty small if you have big hands. Thats my review in a nutshell.

Latest posts

Back