Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't get the Beckoning Bell to work, so there was nobody to hit the bosses with.

This was a common issue when the game first came out. But once people started to complain they released patches that got it up and running again.

I got pretty far but never beat the game since I ran out of time (it's pretty time consuming)

I was okay, thinking man that's pretty fun.. could see myself doing something like that..

Until he started yelling at the dead guy to stay with him, zapped em and threw a medkit at him. Lost my ****.

I was the same xD I was mildly amused at it and then died laughing when he started yelling "stay with me!!! CLEAR!!"

It gave me some ideas for when I get back into streaming in a couple months when I get my new pc. I won't completely rip him off lol but I'm definitely drawing inspiration.

After getting an Ancient version of Yang's Recurve for my unhallowed demon hunter build, I still can't do GR60's.

I give up.

jt3VhO2.png

Ezpz

Should join some games on my clan server then - n00bz 2fort.

I haven't played in a while, but played consistently for many years, and was playing competitively (as scout) also.

On a side note, seriously check out Warhammer: Vermintide. It's great.

Started playing games again after a seven year hiatus got the ps4 and i love playing battlefront anyone here play if so what r your names mine is Saint--Sixtus

Yeah. Guess he pre-ordered it. He even said he loved FC4 and kind of mentioned what you talked about.. that he loved sniping a fort and then capturing it. Said he doesn't see how that might work, if its even possible in the new one. I've got no idea. Never touched a FC game. I'm just planning on picking this one up because um... cave men? I know of no other game in that time period. If done well, it might be entertaining.

Yeah. Guess he pre-ordered it. He even said he loved FC4 and kind of mentioned what you talked about.. that he loved sniping a fort and then capturing it. Said he doesn't see how that might work, if its even possible in the new one. I've got no idea. Never touched a FC game. I'm just planning on picking this one up because um... cave men? I know of no other game in that time period. If done well, it might be entertaining.

Ark Survival.

That's how I play for half the game, then I get bored and get the loudest, stupidest, most splosiony weapons for my entire loadout, strap a bunch of C4 to a vehicle, ghost ride it in to the outpost, blow it up and Mr. Thundermaker starts barking fire.

That's how I play for half the game, then I get bored and get the loudest, stupidest, most splosiony weapons for my entire loadout, strap a bunch of C4 to a vehicle, ghost ride it in to the outpost, blow it up and Mr. Thundermaker starts barking fire.

Glad it's not just me.

Primal looks pretty cool from the videos I've watched. I'll probably pick it up. Plus SWMBO's at a work conference out of town until Sunday...what am I supposed to do, be productive?

I started playing FC with 3 and I've loved it since. I'm looking forward to playing primal, though it won't be until April so I'll be way behind everyone lol if this game is on par with FC3&4 as far as how good it is then it should be done very well. I've got a couple YouTube friends that Ubisoft gave early access to and they raved about it.

You would love Just Cause then.

turokdinosaurhunter.jpg

turok.jpg

Actually, not a huge fan. I don't think I liked the aiming system and some of the acrobatic stuff felt wonky... it's been a few years though.

Turok on the other hand... that **** was awesome.

Yeah, but Turok was fun because you got modern/sci-fi weapons like miniguns and rocket launchers against dinosaurs. I do worry that being stuck with period-appropriate weapons might get stale fast.

That's why I didn't include Turok. I hate sci-fi ****. The only thing I hate more than sci-fi, is when someone tries to mix it with medieval->earlier. Period appropriate weapons, Stone Age... yeah, give me that. I just hope there's a lot of raw, gritty, survival aspects to the game. I doubt there will be, and also have no idea since I've no previous experience with FC games.. but can hope. I know Ubisoft has the ability to make gorgeous games, I also know they aren't afraid of pumping out the same garbage over and over. So. We'll see.

Regardless, it will help me kill some time before Dark Souls comes out.

That's why I didn't include Turok. I hate sci-fi ****. The only thing I hate more than sci-fi, is when someone tries to mix it with medieval->earlier. Period appropriate weapons, Stone Age... yeah, give me that. I just hope there's a lot of raw, gritty, survival aspects to the game. I doubt there will be, and also have no idea since I've no previous experience with FC games.. but can hope. I know Ubisoft has the ability to make gorgeous games, I also know they aren't afraid of pumping out the same garbage over and over. So. We'll see.

Turok also got a lot of mileage out of being one of the first games to transition from "shoot bad guy, bad guy falls over dead" to "shoot bad guy with fvcking explosive shotgun shells, blow bad guy's arm off, bad guy writhes around on the ground with blood spraying everywhere." Of course, 13-year-old me ate that chit up.

Now, the platforming in those games...that stuff sucked.

The FC platform has the potential to really up the survival-type experience, but doubt they went real in-depth with it. I think FC at its core will always be heavy on the FPS aspects... the crafting in the other FC games is just a way to slow you down so as not to become to powerful right away, no real benefits to the gameplay, excepting the few syringes that give you better abilities, but I never use them.

Ark Survival.

Ark survival doesn't really count though, it's not set in that time period. It's a sci-fi survival game. Plus cave men and dinosaurs aren't from the same time period xP

turokdinosaurhunter.jpg

Same thing as with Ark but I do have to say I loved Turok haha me and my friends spent way too many hours with that game.

The FC platform has the potential to really up the survival-type experience, but doubt they went real in-depth with it. I think FC at its core will always be heavy on the FPS aspects... the crafting in the other FC games is just a way to slow you down so as not to become to powerful right away, no real benefits to the gameplay, excepting the few syringes that give you better abilities, but I never use them.

I agree, they really could do some awesome stuff with the survival aspect of the game. From what I've seen they have upped the crafting and gathering aspects of the game a lot of previous games. And the pet taming system looks pretty awesome. I used the syringes when I remembered I had them in FC4 lol

I agree, they really could do some awesome stuff with the survival aspect of the game. From what I've seen they have upped the crafting and gathering aspects of the game a lot of previous games. And the pet taming system looks pretty awesome. I used the syringes when I remembered I had them in FC4 lol

My favorite (like you, when I remember I have them) is the Focus Syringe.

Gives you the chance to dodge bullets when you're moving, so I'll equip a stupid fast smg (vector .45 acp) and just run around hip spraying and barely ever get hit, haha.

To the best of my knowledge it's only myself, rhetorik, drunkle, and now you. It would be a small clan.

I played D3 as well but for some reason it keeps freezing / crashing in the desolate sands... "fixes" keep saying to restore my graphic cards to a previous update for the fix but in doing so it messed with the other games I play, so I just uninstalled D3 for the time being until that BS is fixed. been playing a little bit of WOW and COD black ops 2 on the wiiu lol

My favorite (like you, when I remember I have them) is the Focus Syringe.

Gives you the chance to dodge bullets when you're moving, so I'll equip a stupid fast smg (vector .45 acp) and just run around hip spraying and barely ever get hit, haha.

I love the focus syringes haha that and the hunting one, I'd either go the spray and pray route or if I wanted to feel like a tactical genius I would use the Hunter one, scope out a camp and then sneak up, throw a piece of meat to distract, disable the alarm and then play clean up for the tiger haha. That's one thing I'm really looking forward to when I start playing Primal is the pet system. It looks like it could play a huge role tactically. I thought it might just be a gimmick until my friend got a press copy for his channel and I saw him play.

The only time I've ever really been into using consumables in games was when I played an alchemist/archer in Skyrim and could make nasty poisons/potions. Had a blast putting poisons in peoples pockets and having them derp out uncontrollably while I killed them.

I'd be completely absorbed in a game that was difficult and revolved around a strong survival system. Even if it was right down to hunting, gathering, building shelter that could be destroyed or health affected by something as simple as weather. Eh, maybe too much to ask for in a game. Will see. Excited to try my first FC game regardless.

I love the focus syringes haha that and the hunting one, I'd either go the spray and pray route or if I wanted to feel like a tactical genius I would use the Hunter one, scope out a camp and then sneak up, throw a piece of meat to distract, disable the alarm and then play clean up for the tiger haha. That's one thing I'm really looking forward to when I start playing Primal is the pet system. It looks like it could play a huge role tactically. I thought it might just be a gimmick until my friend got a press copy for his channel and I saw him play.

Yeah, my 'tactical genius' method is to use the hunter syringe, plant mines in bottle necks and roads leading into the outpost... then sneak in some c4 in other places.

Blow the first c4 when I'm on the other side of the outpost... snipe a few dudes, and let the mines/remaining c4 charges clean up.

Yeah, my 'tactical genius' method is to use the hunter syringe, plant mines in bottle necks and roads leading into the outpost... then sneak in some c4 in other places.

Blow the first c4 when I'm on the other side of the outpost... snipe a few dudes, and let the mines/remaining c4 charges clean up.

Blowing everything up is always fun lol I like to take a bow in sometimes too and pretend I'm a stealthy ninja. I almost always get seen though and set off the alarm cause I'm not as stealthy as I like to pretend xP

I'd be completely absorbed in a game that was difficult and revolved around a strong survival system. Even if it was right down to hunting, gathering, building shelter that could be destroyed or health affected by something as simple as weather. Eh, maybe too much to ask for in a game. Will see. Excited to try my first FC game regardless.

This sounds a lot like Ark Survival. And it's not a game set in the Jurassic era...to the best of my knowledge, you're simply somebody who wakes up naked on a beach on an alien planet with some sort of implant in your arm.

it's kinda like minecraft in that it just drops you in and you need to figure out what's what all by yourself. The weather can either freeze you or dehydrate you, and you'll need to craft the appropriate clothing, or build a home, which will insulate you.

I've been playing Primal for the last couple hours. No strong feelings one way or the other yet, seems like there will be a really strong focus on material collection and crafting (which was a big part of other games as well, and I get that you're a literal hunter-gatherer, but still...).

And is there really no way to block with your club? Seems like a pretty standard function.

Back