Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else love the sniper elite games? I have very little time to game and I can't stand hunting around for resources or gun parts or figuring out puzzles.

Sniper Elite allows me to jump on and just start shooting Nazis in the balls. No matter how many times I've seen I still giggle like a school girl every matrix style slow motion xray bullet time kill. So satisfying.

Anyone else love the sniper elite games? I have very little time to game and I can't stand hunting around for resources or gun parts or figuring out puzzles.

I did not play the newest one, but I did give the first one a play-through. It got repetitive but was definitely really fun.

Yep, that's the cow level. It's entertaining. The other one is Whimsyshire. Some goblins open a portal to it.

For gold... it's time, and using +gold gear, namely the Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem. On my non-seasonal character I have at least 200mil gold haha

Woah, both I got over the course off 3 nefehalem rifts (normal ones) I ran in a row. Cool. Going to have to play around and learn more about the other ones.

Nice dude. I haven't been given the cow level yet, bummer. The only cool random thing I really have run into is the catacomb in the Cemetery of Forsaken that has all the monsters named after programmers or whatever. I also don't mind the teddy bear/unicorn rifts, but I can barely stand Whimsyshire. Place hurts my eyes. Which is unfortunate, I'd like to get some of the funky gear from there. On PC I had Prism.. or prismatic blade.. I can't remember what it was called, but it looked like a lightsaber and I think it had all base stats. Wouldn't mind getting a Horadric Hamburger to joke around with.

Oh. That reminds me of one other little 'easter egg' I had, which I think I lost on one of my early hardcore characters. It was some ring or amulet, I believe, that I found from a random monster in Caldeum sewers that had lore on it referencing Murlocs from WoW. I think it would've summoned one.

I dont know if I want to look up whimsyshire. sounds overly colorful or something.

I dont know if I want to look up whimsyshire. sounds overly colorful or something.

Yh1Kj.jpg

"The sanctity of this place has been FOULED!" - Kormac

Sniper Elite allows me to jump on and just start shooting Nazis in the balls. No matter how many times I've seen I still giggle like a school girl every matrix style slow motion xray bullet time kill. So satisfying.

I enjoyed previous versions. Have not played the most recent.

Rocked a round of bounties, couple rifts and a greater rift or two last night on my 'new' crusader. He was kind of struggling around in T2 and I was losing interest, then I got like 2 drops that changed the game. Couple stupid little items took him up to 85% damage reduction. I turned it up to T6 and he's still not taking any damage, even if I stand in the molten explosions (unbuffed). Also got probably half dozen ancient items in a short amount of time, so I started a little collection of those in case I score those new set rings. I thought I had a pair... must've destroyed them since they used to suck.

I got my seasonal crusader to 70 yesterday, paragon 60ish (hooray for a powerlevel from a paragon 623 wiz).

Not much in the way of gear. Some crappy ancient 2H, couple crappy pieces of the invoker set. Going to get more time in tonight, run some rifts/Grifts, get me some epic gems etc hopefully. And also get access to the Kanai Cube.

I got my Demon Hunter to 70 earlier this week (when you have friends at 70, you can get to 70 within 30 minutes by having them run you through a few rifts). The set pieces that the game mailed me looks like it's for a melee build, so I thought I'd give it a shot (with a melee weapon, i deal 600% more damage, but can't use the skills that require a ranged weapon).

It's a decent build, and it looks like it'll get me some of the end-game gear. My problem is I can't clear a GRift 20 solo with it, which is what I need to do to COMPLETE the set.

Perhaps I should copy my friend's poison witch doctor build. He's killing things that aren't even on his screen with it.

Man reading you guys talk about D3 is making me want to come back and try out this patch...

@Venari, definitely try a poison cloud WD - it's just so stupid with the Helltooth set. Also a lot of fun having the Zunis weapons and running around 2x as fast as even those sprinting barbs and monks. I love chicken.

Had some fun times last night playing Diablo with DrunkleJon and Venari. Going to have to do that again IMO... especially once we start getting geared up.

Had some fun times last night playing Diablo with DrunkleJon and Venari. Going to have to do that again IMO... especially once we start getting geared up.

Well I'm definitely jealous there was an HBT group killing monsters that I couldn't be a part of. If anyone ever wants to rock some rifts or something on PS4, let me know.

Played through a few bounties and rifts last night with my buddy over a few beers. Crusader/Witch Doctor duo (unfortunately, now I'm playing two different crusaders). Tonight will be interesting, he's really interested in pushing the difficulty since he's not taking much damage with me running into the groups first. On the other hand, being on a different account at this house, I'm just starting to accumulate paragon levels and he's around 200 so I actually have to pay attention to avoid death. I started using a lot of crowd control, which is making it a different playstyle for me but is quite fun. Just letting him do most of the damage right now while I hold all the nasty's in place.

edit: The one thing we did notice that kind of sucks... the game won't seem to let Player 2 craft legendary/set pieces. Might even have to run through solo to unlock Kunai's Cube real quick while he pours a drink tonight. Kind of dumb, but understand they probably did it to deter boosting of some sort.

For those NITK, that's a comic-book character named Vampirella. This girl does a pretty good job with her cos-play, IMHO. She may not be quite as... buxom as the character, but she does a good job nonetheless.

vampirella1.jpg

Why? All she's missing is the bats...

For those NITK, that's a comic-book character named Vampirella. This girl does a pretty good job with her cos-play, IMHO. She may not be quite as... buxom as the character, but she does a good job nonetheless.

I was being facetious. I just wanted to post that cuz she (Joanie Brosas) is foxy as hell.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2IIJii5oQ4[/ame]

Thread's not broken. Cosplay is video game related.

Anyhoo, I want to play more Diablo 3.

I do question how many of these cosplay girls actually play video games vs. just craving attention, but whatever.

If they want to go around dressed like this, I support their right to do so. ;)

Cosplay+comp+girls_696763_5536267.jpg

I had fun that night also. I appreciate @DrunkleJon being nice enough to give me the last piece of a set I needed, which is a definite boost to my DH's dps.

Too bad you're not on the PC, Cad. Would be fun to add a fourth brewer to the group.

This is the build I would like to try to make in Diablo 3

I saw that, pretty ridiculous. I think I broke the game for myself this weekend. Played a little bit and got the last piece of the Invokers set for my Crusader and.. it's stupid. I went from T6 immediately to T10. My greater rifts are only around 35 so I have to unlock more of those to advance any further. Nothing is hard enough. Don't take damage and kill rift guardians in 4 melee hits. Gear is nowhere near optimized either. That set is insane.

Did complete the Invokers set dungeon. With the difficulty turned up, I got all my other sets near completion so I can at least turn the difficulty down a little and see how they work.

I want to play along.
I just recently stopped playing Madden, which seemed to be the only game I would play, and began playing Borderlands 2. It's been a long time since I've played a FPS game and I am somewhat sure I only played on a PC for the most part. Turns out, I suck. Talk about frustrating to die multiple times within the first 10 minutes of the game.

Alas, I keep playing, and dying, because I am a glutton.

I want to play along.
I just recently stopped playing Madden, which seemed to be the only game I would play, and began playing Borderlands 2. It's been a long time since I've played a FPS game and I am somewhat sure I only played on a PC for the most part. Turns out, I suck. Talk about frustrating to die multiple times within the first 10 minutes of the game.

Alas, I keep playing, and dying, because I am a glutton.

Borderlands 2 was awesome. I am the same way as you with Call of Duty multiplayer.

I want to play along.
I just recently stopped playing Madden, which seemed to be the only game I would play, and began playing Borderlands 2.

I was just thinking about this on Saturday. My wife used to play Borderlands with me, so I looked on the PS Store and they have Borderlands: Handsome Collection.. or something. Looks like it is all the updates/expansions or whatever, on sale for $24 instead of $60. Might have to get it.

The only football game I could play was NFL Blitz, think it was on PS1. Madden is too hard, with all the rules and stuff.

Borderlands 2 was awesome. I am the same way as you with Call of Duty multiplayer.

It is awesome, except that I suck. The first real "mission" is to clear the graveyard and clear the pond. Well, I get killed each time clearing the graveyard. I don't have enough funds to get a better gun. I moved on to protecting Cyber Clap and getting the audio device. Fine, right? I seem to get close but then run out of ammo and end up dying. I am closer to getting through that though, but need to still go back to clear the pond and graveyard. Ergo, I just respawn over and over again with the same results.

I want to quit and maybe play Bioshock or something, but I'm going to try to stick with it. The stubborn girl in me is going to play until I throw a controller.

I was just thinking about this on Saturday. My wife used to play Borderlands with me, so I looked on the PS Store and they have Borderlands: Handsome Collection.. or something. Looks like it is all the updates/expansions or whatever, on sale for $24 instead of $60. Might have to get it.

The only football game I could play was NFL Blitz, think it was on PS1. Madden is too hard, with all the rules and stuff.

That is a good deal. I'd get it.

Latest posts

Back