Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know. It got really frustrating when you wanted to build a character and got your ass handed to you just trying to run some quests. hence why I started playing solo games which really sucked. Not to mention the sheer amount of cheat items and unbalance where I never got good drops and was too damn lazy and didnt have the attention span to figure out the worlds economy.

That just means you weren't trying hard enough. Truthfully, most of us just ran our characters through to Hell CS Runs, then power leveled PVP characters. Not much 'questing' going on.

Honestly though, they totally ****ed the game up when they released the expansion (LoD).

That's when all the duped items started floating around. That's why I played nothing but USEast Classic Ladder, and was feared by many. That was back when every high-tier PVPer had basically the same gear and matches came down to who was actually better in execution.

There were quite a few of us hold-outs up until ~2005 when I quit, I'm sure people are still playing it today if the servers are still up.

If you're on PC you should add me. My non-seasonal characters are paragon 613 so I'm running T10 and I was soloing GRifts 55+

I will admit that since my addiction for FO4 got a little out of hand I have shelved it for a little and reinstalled Diablo 3 after it has been shelved for quite a while. Holy crap this is a brand new game. I even started up a new character playing in the seasonal league, whupped butt and it almost seems too easy to solo. I like what they did with it though the vanity crap is wothless.

I am getting this way with FO4 as well..this game just has so much to do, see and experience.
I have figured out how to work the caps trading/selling system so I am sitting at around 75k in caps atm and 75 fusion cores and I go EVERYWHERE in X-01 highly modified PArmor..and I used no hacks to do all of this so that tells you I am in deep with this one.
I really need to play this game less than I do.
:fro:

I am getting this way with FO4 as well..this game just has so much to do, see and experience.
I have figured out how to work the caps trading/selling system so I am sitting at around 75k in caps atm and 75 fusion cores and I go EVERYWHERE in X-01 highly modified PArmor..and I used no hacks to do all of this so that tells you I am in deep with this one.
I really need to play this game less than I do.
:fro:

I'm about at the point where I should probably quit messing around with side quests and work on the main storyline.

Lately, SWMBO and I have been having a bug/annoyance on our games where there will be a random explosion in the vicinity and a Vertibird will fall from the sky. She about threw the controller the one time when it landed directly on her for an instant kill. I'm not sure if it's a spawn error or bad pathfinding where they aren't avoiding the buildings.

I'm about at the point where I should probably quit messing around with side quests and work on the main storyline.

Lately, SWMBO and I have been having a bug/annoyance on our games where there will be a random explosion in the vicinity and a Vertibird will fall from the sky. She about threw the controller the one time when it landed directly on her for an instant kill. I'm not sure if it's a spawn error or bad pathfinding where they aren't avoiding the buildings.

I have this same issue..will be in a zone clearing crapola out and blammo..vertibird goes down right near where I am and if I am not moving, it takes me out.
On a side not..if you are quick and alive post-vertibird downing, you can find (most of the time) a BOS guy in full T60 armor (sometimes its T-60b and on occasion I have had them have T-60f which is nice) lying dead by the downed vertibird and strip him clean for armor parts.

Bad thing, if you cannot get to the dead guys within a minute or 2 of the vertibird going down, they just disappear along with the vertibird.

I have sold off about 10 sets of T60b BOS PArmor this way and equipped alot of the "extra" frames I find sitting out in the wasteland that dont have but one or 2 pieces on them with the T60f pieces when I get those from those dead guys.
I usually toss the hot rod flames on them as I love that paint job on the PArmor.

Don't buy anything on Steam right now. They are having some issues with people being able to see other people's credit card info and account info. If you are not logged into Steam, don't log in right now.

Don't buy anything on Steam right now. They are having some issues with people being able to see other people's credit card info and account info. If you are not logged into Steam, don't log in right now.

When did this start? I bought Wolfenstein The New Order in the 24th... I assume I'm fine.

Hope everyone got some quality time to game over the holidays. As it turns out, Destiny just may not be the game for me. After finally picking up the package of expansions, I played for a day with my brother and got all three classes to 40. At 40 we two-manned all the strikes then destroyed a bunch of crucible matches. I did the same thing when the game came out. Played it hard for a day and was bored. I understand, there's raids and ridiculous gear to get... just not sure I'm ready to grind out a dozen different reputations to buy a helmet or gun everyone else on the game owns. With so many other things I want to do on other games, rep grind doesn't make the list.

I did read some unbelievable reviews on Bloodborne and I rage quit that game after an evening of "YOU DIED". Anyone play that one through?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359050

anyone else wanna get in on this?

like.png

Had a funny moment on Black Ops that just popped into my head, thought I'd share in case anyone is as bored as I am currently. Saturday I played one or two matches. Remembered I needed one more bloodthirsty (5 kill) streak on the SVG-100 to complete the camo challenges and get diamond camo sniper rifles. My brother camped a door behind me making sure nobody got mad and flanked me as I stood on a roof and did my thing. Got the fifth kill, total elation. Turned around. Brother stood up, I got startled, accidentally quick-scoped my brother.

He's a good sport.

Had a funny moment on Black Ops that just popped into my head, thought I'd share in case anyone is as bored as I am currently. Saturday I played one or two matches. Remembered I needed one more bloodthirsty (5 kill) streak on the SVG-100 to complete the camo challenges and get diamond camo sniper rifles. My brother camped a door behind me making sure nobody got mad and flanked me as I stood on a roof and did my thing. Got the fifth kill, total elation. Turned around. Brother stood up, I got startled, accidentally quick-scoped my brother.

He's a good sport.

Sad thing is I've done that in many video games to my wife... thankfully she is a good sport about those sorts of things as well...

Got Battlefront for Christmas. It's fun, but I can understand the complaints of lack of depth. I feel this being more a "get drunk and kill some time and/or Rebel scum" kinda thing than a game that really sucks me in.

I just got a 3DS recently, with Christmas money. Does anyone have any recommendations for games? Gamestop has a buy 2 get 1 free sale on preowned items, so I was thinking of getting Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem Awakening, I just need to figure out what to get for the 3rd game.

I just got a 3DS recently, with Christmas money. Does anyone have any recommendations for games? Gamestop has a buy 2 get 1 free sale on preowned items, so I was thinking of getting Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem Awakening, I just need to figure out what to get for the 3rd game.

Mario Kart.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/359050

Anyone else wanna get in on this?

*snort

:D

Got Battlefront for Christmas. It's fun, but I can understand the complaints of lack of depth. I feel this being more a "get drunk and kill some time and/or Rebel scum" kinda thing than a game that really sucks me in.

Got Battlefront and an Xbox One on boxing day, can finally play with my brother in law and nephew. Loving the game, will love it more when they release more maps as truly, there's not very many right now. Still, we must have played it for 8 hours straight on the weekend.

Only long term problem I can see right now is with 9 game modes, eventually the community will shrink and settle on one or two, likely TDM and Conquest.... oops Blast and Supremacy though Fighter Squadron is a blast too.

Mario Kart.

One of my favorite drinking establishments is the bastard child of a beer bar and an 80's arcade. Along with a bunch of sweet arcade and pinball machines, they have all the old consoles wired up to a big screen TV. My favorite people-watching activity is ordering a pint, sitting back, and watching as people absolutely lose their MINDS playing Mario Kart.

http://www.spacebararcade.com/

One of my favorite drinking establishments is the bastard child of a beer bar and an 80's arcade. Along with a bunch of sweet arcade and pinball machines, they have all the old consoles wired up to a big screen TV. My favorite people-watching activity is ordering a pint, sitting back, and watching as people absolutely lose their MINDS playing Mario Kart.

http://www.spacebararcade.com/

That sounds amazing lol I actually thought about opening something like that once. Only reason I didn't was because my friend backed out, I had the location picked out and was even working on sponsors for gaming competitions. If I can ever come up with the money I might still do it.

I've been playing Ark Survival lately (on Low graphics and Extremely low memory, otherwise my computer can't handle it), and I gotta say I'm loving it.

Spent last night running around with an assortment of 12 tamed dinos so I could gather massive amounts of pelts, hides, and meat, and wound up also taming a giant scorpion.

I'm still too low in level to actually craft saddles for many of the dinosaurs (I got a saddle on the raptor, though), so for now they're running along beside me killing everything I hit.

I'd say the hardest part of the game is staying within your level. By the time you're finally able to do what you want, you're already reaching for the next step. For example, now that I have a saddle on my triceratops, berry collecting is a breeze, but I need a saddle for the Ankylosaurus so I can mine metal, stone and flint much faster.

I've been playing Ark Survival lately (on Low graphics and Extremely low memory, otherwise my computer can't handle it), and I gotta say I'm loving it.

Spent last night running around with an assortment of 12 tamed dinos so I could gather massive amounts of pelts, hides, and meat, and wound up also taming a giant scorpion.

I'm still too low in level to actually craft saddles for many of the dinosaurs (I got a saddle on the raptor, though), so for now they're running along beside me killing everything I hit.

I'd say the hardest part of the game is staying within your level. By the time you're finally able to do what you want, you're already reaching for the next step. For example, now that I have a saddle on my triceratops, berry collecting is a breeze, but I need a saddle for the Ankylosaurus so I can mine metal, stone and flint much faster.

I was about to buy this for PC too. And then I saw it was released for Xbox One. It's still in beta so I've yet to pull the trigger.

I was about to buy this for PC too. And then I saw it was released for Xbox One. It's still in beta so I've yet to pull the trigger.

I played it when they first released it and I had a lot of fun with it but it was buggy as hell... I'd give it a bit longer on the Xbox one

Got the ankylosaurus and megalodon (riding sharks ftw) saddles in Ark Survival, and I have to say, resource gathering is fairly easy now!

I suppose all I've left to do is craft stuff to earn enough exp to level up to craft the next level stuff. But it's pretty good, I've built a taming area, and I have a giant bird that can carry wild dinosaurs, so I can bring them to a taming cell and get new dinos much easier :)

I saw this picture on TheChive this morning and had to make it into a meme. If you've played Black Ops 3 for any amount of time, you'll get it.

66290212.jpg

It's killing me.

Kanomi Code will give you 30 lives. With the game genie you can start with a specific gun and have infinite lives, or keep gun, be invincible. Not really a huge difference just pretty cool IMO.

Kanomi Code will give you 30 lives. With the game genie you can start with a specific gun and have infinite lives, or keep gun, be invincible. Not really a huge difference just pretty cool IMO.

There was only one reason I used the Game Genie when I was a kid. With it attached to the games, it made the majority of my games work flawlessly without having to try to get them to run by blowing on them or whatever trick you may have used.

Latest posts

Back