Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned about the light in FO3 by reading the in-game help. aka manual. :p

Forgot about the light and fumbled the controller playing FO4. "Oh, that's right, pip-boy has a light." The in-game manual may also better explain character progression too but ... hell, I don't even actually read half of the **** on the terminals. I still go through it all because it can open options and populate map markers.

Finding mines with VATS is new to me. Not sure it's useful unless you intend to detonate them from a distance. Are you just randomly clicking VATS on potential mine locations to check for them?

I like trying to disarm them. Got real good at that in FO3 (even without the light foot perk). Haven't trained my eye to look for them yet in FO4. I've only come across 3 trip mines and 1 bottle cap mine.

I play as mostly a stealth sniper build and I use VATS all the time while I'm traveling from place to place. I randomly click VATS just to make sure I'm not going to stumble into some raiders/mutants/deathclaws etc. It seems to work pretty well at letting me know what's ahead so I can snipe them before they see me or avoid them completely if they're too powerful for me.

HC mode is the only reason I can make it through so many hours in a non-competitive game. Did I overlook a hc option on this one, or can you just turn up the difficulty?

No idea about FO4. New Vegas' hardcore mode isn't the traditional "permadeath" hardcore mode of other video games. From one of the Fallout Wikis:

In this mode, stimpaks and other healing items heal over time instead of all at once, RadAway removes radiation over time in a similar manner, ammunition has weight, and the Courier must stay hydrated, eat periodically, and have a regular sleep cycle. Limbs can only be restored by a doctor's bag, hydra, weapon binding ritual, healing poultice, Auto-Doc or by visiting an actual doctor. Sleeping does not heal health points or crippled limbs, unless it's in an owned bed or having the Roughin' It perk. In addition, recruited companions can die permanently.

The only thing I wish is that I had dropped the Vault 13 Canteen at the beginning of the game. It's one of those pre-order/DLC/GOTY freebies that you start the game with, and it significantly combats the need to drink water to stay hydrated. It would have been a bit more challenging if I had to occasionally seek out an irradiated toilet to hydrate - as it was, I don't know if I ever had to drink irradiated water.

Only time I drink irradiated water was for the bonus quest in writing that book in FO3. Where you have to get 600 rads before returning to the shop.

Just caught up on this thread and had a good laugh a few times about different FO4 things.

I was playing Destiny until the wife picked up Black OPs 3 for me and found out about the Target 3/2 deal so she took me back (Sat a.m.) and I got me FO4, Tomb Rader along with it.

From Sunday on I've been playing FO4 and getting less sleep than normal and I still haven't heard of half the places you guys are talking about.

I have learned a few things by reading this thread like the + ++ +++. - -- --- deal. Good to know info.

Almost called in sick this morning to get some sleep but figured I would just start playing FO4 so I came to work.

I was playing Destiny until the wife picked up Black OPs 3 for me and found out about the Target 3/2 deal so she took me back (Sat a.m.) and I got me FO4, Tomb Rader along with it.

I gave up on Destiny (prior to the Taken King release) when I bought the Xbox One. Now that the Xbox One has updated Destiny has migrated onto the console.

I really enjoyed the feel of that game even if the content restrictions (raid requirements) annoyed the crap out of me. Despite having COD, Halo, Wolfenstein, SW shooters on I am struggling to keep myself from getting the Taken King content just to have more to do in that game.

I gave up on Destiny (prior to the Taken King release) when I bought the Xbox One. Now that the Xbox One has updated Destiny has migrated onto the console.

I really enjoyed the feel of that game even if the content restrictions (raid requirements) annoyed the crap out of me. Despite having COD, Halo, Wolfenstein, SW shooters on I am struggling to keep myself from getting the Taken King content just to have more to do in that game.

I didn't play Destiny before the Taken King and all my 360 games are disks, which has so far been unplayable on the XB1. I think it's only games you downloaded instead of buying it on a disk. I have most of the COC games... unplayable on the XB1. :mad:

I agree with you on the feel of Destiny and also on the raids. I think that's why I shifted to COC BO3 when everything I was getting was 10-20 light levels below what I already had. It got frustrating.

I really only started Halo 4 so haven't felt the need to get 5 yet.

And really FO4 has grabbed me by the sac and I don't see it letting go anytime soon. I might need an intervention at some point.

I didn't play Destiny before the Taken King and all my 360 games are disks, which has so far been unplayable on the XB1. I think it's only games you downloaded instead of buying it on a disk. I have most of the COC games... unplayable on the XB1. :mad:

I agree with you on the feel of Destiny and also on the raids. I think that's why I shifted to COC BO3 when everything I was getting was 10-20 light levels below what I already had. It got frustrating.

And really FO4 has grabbed me by the sac and I don't see it letting go anytime soon. I might need an intervention at some point.

You have to put the disk in the XB1 to download and play. Quite a few of my games didnt transfer over but some did. I download now. Havent bought a disc in a while. Not all game are compatible yet. the publisher/developer needs to give thumps up.

Yeah, I have started limiting my playtime. I had a problem for the first long while.

One thing I noticed with the migration is that some are labelled as XBox 360 and some are not. Destiny, for example, is not labelled as XBox 360.

Not sure it matters but, I think it downloads the Xbox 1 version. The first time I ran destiny after the migration it spent a solid 10 minutes populating achievements. :D

Just remembered Black Friday is this friday and that the Xbox Store is in on that. Gonna hold off and see what is on offer then. Wonder if steam is going to discount too. My son keeps on me about CS:GO and some others.

One thing I noticed with the migration is that some are labelled as XBox 360 and some are not. Destiny, for example, is not labelled as XBox 360.

Not sure it matters but, I think it downloads the Xbox 1 version. The first time I ran destiny after the migration it spent a solid 10 minutes populating achievements. :D

Just remembered Black Friday is this friday and that the Xbox Store is in on that. Gonna hold off and see what is on offer then. Wonder if steam is going to discount too. My son keeps on me about CS:GO and some others.

Black Friday is not this week, it's next week.

You have to put the disk in the XB1 to download and play. Quite a few of my games didnt transfer over but some did. I download now. Havent bought a disc in a while. Not all game are compatible yet. the publisher/developer needs to give thumps up.

I've have concerns with just downloading and not getting it on disc as how much space it puts on the hard drive.

I understand most of the content is loaded on the hard drive now anyway so it's probably a wash.

I haven't put too many games on the XB1 and it's already 2/3's full with a 500G drive. Will it use an external hard drive for storing games when the main drive is full? I know on the 360 I got to a point I had to delete games in order to put new ones on. I would have to look but I think I only really have four games on the XB1 right now and the lack of hard drive space is my concern.

I've have concerns with just downloading and not getting it on disc as how much space it puts on the hard drive.

I understand most of the content is loaded on the hard drive now anyway so it's probably a wash.

I haven't put too many games on the XB1 and it's already 2/3's full with a 500G drive. Will it use an external hard drive for storing games when the main drive is full? I know on the 360 I got to a point I had to delete games in order to put new ones on. I would have to look but I think I only really have four games on the XB1 right now and the lack of hard drive space is my concern.

You can use any usb 3.0 hard drive for the xb1. Just plug it in and you're set. I put a 2 tb on mine. That should last me a while.

This costume won second place at a comic con:

12235077_978259898900837_7965460836481198562_n.jpg

What...
The..
Funk..
Was first place?

Must of been some booby action. That is crazy.

Yeah, no doubt. Just before my 22nd birthday I made a funking nasty Edward Scissorhands costume, antique scissors, blades and sharp things. Was just hanging outside the frat house and college kids walking down the street told me to walk down to the contest at local bar. Walked in as the last contestant and took second place. First place was the "Amazon Girl" wearing a thong and body paint. The $50 bar tab was nice, a big ass flat screen would've been better.

Are we sure that's a costume? Based on the boards under the feet, it looks more like a statue or something.

Yeah, no idea. Just believed what I saw, looks cool regardless.

edit: Went to research it but work network is running on dial-up speeds today.

Yeah, no idea. Just believed what I saw, looks cool regardless.

edit: Went to research it but work network is running on dial-up speeds today.

It's a costume, he's got his number on there. 11

Maybe the boards are so he can walk right? Feet look goofy.

Star Wars Battlefront.

FYI for anyone with under-teens that want to play this game. The game forces a EA Origins account for multiplayer. The game ignores console permissions. EA Origins forces parental authorization via email to allow under-teen to play. As of last night, the authorization links were broken.

So now I've got the Local Leader perk, and I've got supply lines from everywhere to Sanctuary. Best part? I don't need to connect all the individual settlements.

To put it in simple terms, A + B, and A + C = B + C.

So even though the DriveThru isn't technically connected to Hangmans Alley, they still share resources because they're both connected to Sanctuary.

The only downside to this new settlement mechanic is that now everytime I enter a new dungeon/building/cave/base, is that by midway through, I'm slowed down because I'm overencumbered and my chosen companion is also maxed out on inventory. As long as I'm moving that slow, may as well stealth since it's at the same speed. Now I'm able to kill almost everything in one hit.

24hrs in to FO4 and still havent felt like i made a big dent yet. What a game. Wish i knew how the perks worked. I wasted a bunch at the beginning. Oh well. Still kicking ass.

24 hours into a game like Fallout is usually about the time when I feel comfortable enough with the game to wipe my saves and start again from scratch. I start my first game blind and learn from my copious screwups so I can do things right the second time around. It's not an intentional thing, but I'm pretty sure I've done it with every Fallout game I've played (1, 2, 3, Tactics, NV), so I'm pretty comfortable calling it a thing by this point.

So now I've got the Local Leader perk, and I've got supply lines from everywhere to Sanctuary. Best part? I don't need to connect all the individual settlements.

To put it in simple terms, A + B, and A + C = B + C.

So even though the DriveThru isn't technically connected to Hangmans Alley, they still share resources because they're both connected to Sanctuary.

The only downside to this new settlement mechanic is that now everytime I enter a new dungeon/building/cave/base, is that by midway through, I'm slowed down because I'm overencumbered and my chosen companion is also maxed out on inventory. As long as I'm moving that slow, may as well stealth since it's at the same speed. Now I'm able to kill almost everything in one hit.

Have you had raiders hit your settlements yet? Since I do not like to check in often if at all I haven't bothered building them up or getting more than just the red rocket (heh) and sanctuary and built that one only up as much as they asked for in the quest. The last thing I want is to be killing it in the middle of something and get notification that my happy a** is needed to kill off a couple raiders.

The ring of turrets around the rocket has saved my butt twice now though. They are effective. Especially if you have a lot of them.

Have you had raiders hit your settlements yet? Since I do not like to check in often if at all I haven't bothered building them up or getting more than just the red rocket (heh) and sanctuary and built that one only up as much as they asked for in the quest. The last thing I want is to be killing it in the middle of something and get notification that my happy a** is needed to kill off a couple raiders.

The ring of turrets around the rocket has saved my butt twice now though. They are effective. Especially if you have a lot of them.

I heard you should also elevate them or they could be crushed by some larger mutants when they attack.

I heard you should also elevate them or they could be crushed by some larger mutants when they attack.

Hmm... Havent thought of this. I just ringed the place with like 20 or so of the machine gun ones since the last time I had visited I heard a beeping and then went boom. Apparently a suicider snuck up on me while I was tinkering. The next time I visited and was tinkering I hear them go gangbusters and the super mutant who was trying to sneak up on me got mowed down before he could get very far. Was kinda funny. Maybe I will have to re-design my two settlements. Make them more defensible.

Hmm... Havent thought of this. I just ringed the place with like 20 or so of the machine gun ones since the last time I had visited I heard a beeping and then went boom. Apparently a suicider snuck up on me while I was tinkering. The next time I visited and was tinkering I hear them go gangbusters and the super mutant who was trying to sneak up on me got mowed down before he could get very far. Was kinda funny. Maybe I will have to re-design my two settlements. Make them more defensible.

Yeah, I was transferring junk to the workstation and I heard all this gun fire going on, went out and by the time I even figured out what was going on the turrets and settlers took care of the four or super mutants, one was running away and a settler went right after him. Don't know if he got him or not but he did come back later.

I haven't really got to deep in building up the settlements and was trying to do a two story shack at the truck stop, I couldn't figure it out. Doesn't seem like any of the roofs are flat enough to allow adding walls but it did allow me to walk over to the roof of the building so I put my turrets up there. Being able to actually see where I was putting them and adding a wood floor I could get them right over the edge of the roof. Guess I'll see how that works out.

Anyone know what the requirements are for the second star of the local leader perk? I tried to select it last night and it said requirements not meet.

Yeah, I was transferring junk to the workstation and I heard all this gun fire going on, went out and by the time I even figured out what was going on the turrets and settlers took care of the four or super mutants, one was running away and a settler went right after him. Don't know if he got him or not but he did come back later.

I haven't really got to deep in building up the settlements and was trying to do a two story shack at the truck stop, I couldn't figure it out. Doesn't seem like any of the roofs are flat enough to allow adding walls but it did allow me to walk over to the roof of the building so I put my turrets up there. Being able to actually see where I was putting them and adding a wood floor I could get them right over the edge of the roof. Guess I'll see how that works out.

Anyone know what the requirements are for the second star of the local leader perk? I tried to select it last night and it said requirements not meet.

It should be at the bottom of the perk. Should say something like require level ___ Stat level ___

You need to be level 14 from what the internet says.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

24 hours into a game like Fallout is usually about the time when I feel comfortable enough with the game to wipe my saves and start again from scratch. I start my first game blind and learn from my copious screwups so I can do things right the second time around. It's not an intentional thing, but I'm pretty sure I've done it with every Fallout game I've played (1, 2, 3, Tactics, NV), so I'm pretty comfortable calling it a thing by this point.

I'm the opposite. I live with the choices on this play though. I rarely play a game twice because I know whats around the next corner. Once I beat this play through I'll probably start over or play the DLC when it arrives

Was on the phone with EA Sports CS/TS 4 different times last night because none of them seem to understand how to transfer to a supervisor. 4 out of 4 times I get put on hold for a supervisor, I got disconnected after about 5 minutes wait.

Of all the games in our collection with online multiplayer, Star Wars is the ONLY game that won't let my 9 year old play online DESPITE having a COPPA compliant consent process.

WTF?

I spend $119 for the Ultimate package and EA won't let my children play anything but campaign? Unacceptable! "But it's the law, sir." "Umm, no, it's MY child and under the LAW I have the right to authorize!"

bless!

The ONLY suggestions any one of the four could offer is 1.) to create a new GamerTag and lie about his age. Da fuq? Why? I don't have to do this with ANY other game. Or, 2.) let him play under MY gamertag. Da fuq? No. I have a separate gamertag so that I can restrict online purchases. (shaking head)

This is not over.

Latest posts

Back