Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah... that reminds me of my friend who was the same way. He hoarded so much stuff into his house on Skyrim, that he could no longer use it. Whenever he would attempt to enter his house, his PS3 would crash.

I was fine with it until the expansion came out that allowed you to build your own house on a piece of land.. ugh. About to take a sick day and go lay in bed and play that lol.

Hearthfire. Never did do anything with that DLC. Nor did I do much with the Dragonborne DLC. It was all so realistic until they brought vampires into it. That is when I lost interest. :rolleyes: /sarcasm

Now my 8 year old is getting an interest. And that has piqued mine again.

That's awesome :) Really curious how that game is..

I just started playing this and didn't really like it at first. It's slowly growing on me as I get used to the controls and leveling up makes the parkour stuff easier. If I had to grade it right now I'd give it a "C". Seems a bit childish. I liked the Last of Us a heck of a lot more.

I don't know if I'd classify it as childish. I'm having a blast playing it; being able to explore nearly anywhere, then spending time in panicked flight and hiding if you push it too long is a ton of fun. Plus there are a pile of easter eggs to find.

The Last of us is *awesome*. It's one of my favorite games ever. Not everything has to be hopeless/grim/dark, though. The beginning made me cry, dammit.

I just don't like linear, story-line and campaign based games. I lose interest consistently at the one hour mark. Bought the new Wolfenstein when it came out and was so excited; one hour mark hit and it's been off ever since. Aside from Diablo, Bethesda games are the only ones that do it for me it seems. In order to hold my attention, I need the option to cut a dude if I don't want to pay for something or to hunt for an hour if I don't want to go find some old man's book he lost.

Once the child falls asleep its fifa 15 or zombies. I really enjoy pouring a glass and just gaming!

Whenever my partner is out/sleeping/busy I jump in. *she's amazing but just doesn't "get" gaming as a hobby :( even though she has hobbies I don't share but am not judgmental about. But I digress.

She's currently out of the country for a few weeks....going to be cracking open a beer and diving into Destiny when I get home for some serious game time!!!
:ban::rockin:

I "beat" Dying Light, story portion, with the side missions I think you could play for years.

Amazing game!

Anyone play injustice:gods among us? Im thinking of getting it on ps4 while i wait for mortal kombat X to be released.

funny-wasted-gifs-dog-jump.gif

I never noticed this thread on HBT, but would love to chime in. 48 yrs old, first played games on a Commodore 64, lol. PC gamer, and in a somewhat rare twist, so are my 2 teenage daughters. The girls loved Oblivion, especially modded out, and are really into Skyrim as well as a handful of other titles (Mirrors Edge, Batman series, NeverWinter Nights, Tomb Raider series, etc). I just picked up Borderlands and Borderlands 2 via Steam sale and am having a blast with my youngest (14) playing LAN missions together. Sounds silly, but it's actually fun Dad/Daughter time. I have really enjoyed the Total War series, personally, but play all genres. GTA Vice City was a hoot, for example. The original Medal Of Honor Allied Assault was great, as was the original COD. I was always a fan of racing games as well, but stuck mostly to the arcade style (didn't have the patience or skill with the simulators). Anyway, thanks for letting me share.

San Andreas was the only one where I actually played to 100% completion, but that was in college and I actually had the obscene amount of time needed to throw at it.

San Andreas was the only one where I actually played to 100% completion, but that was in college and I actually had the obscene amount of time needed to throw at it.

Haha, I ran the gauntlet of GTA games back in college with some friends. GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4 all to 100%. Ambulance missions were the hardest thing ever.

4 was by far the biggest let down when you get to 100%. No rewards except a helicopter? I won't throw any money at 5 because every iteration of the game prior to it has improved graphics and removed gameplay.

Haha, I ran the gauntlet of GTA games back in college with some friends. GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4 all to 100%. Ambulance missions were the hardest thing ever.

4 was by far the biggest let down when you get to 100%. No rewards except a helicopter? I won't throw any money at 5 because every iteration of the game prior to it has improved graphics and removed gameplay.

My roommate always enjoyed the ambulance missions for some reason, so I let him handle those, except in SA. They were a lot easier if you did them in one of the small rural towns instead of the main cities.

I think 5 was an improvement over 4. They brought back vehicles like the tank, jets, and attack choppers, and the heist missions were a lot of fun (although maybe not quite as free-form as they were hinted at during development). They even brought back the rampage missions on a limited scale.

GTA V is probably my favorite of the series. San Andreas is a close second. V has a really good storyline and the world is huge. I would definitely give V a chance. The way they switched up the gameplay by having 3 main characters is pretty creative.

I, personally, just can't get pulled into (immersed) a turn based game. Nor does the world fade away for me on a third person/birds eye perspective. YRMV.

I get it. We all have our likes, etc. I ended up finishing the game last night.
I enjoyed the story and gameplay quite a bit. Need to think about the next game to take up. In the midst of Borderlands Pre-quel and got Shadow of Mordor for Christmas - only fiddled with it so far.

TD

I get it. We all have our likes, etc. I ended up finishing the game last night.
I enjoyed the story and gameplay quite a bit. Need to think about the next game to take up. In the midst of Borderlands Pre-quel and got Shadow of Mordor for Christmas - only fiddled with it so far.

TD

I am really struggling with Pre-quel. Dunno if it is burn out from playing the first two obsessively or if it is truely the subtle changes in mechanics. I used to think it was the anti-grav aspect that annoyed me but I find there is a LOT more.

Velocity on the guns seems way too slow. As does stability. It appears that this game has really exaggerated the aiming sway. couple that with how the bullets seem to move in slow motion (in comparison) and it really puts me off.

I enjoyed GTA V a lot more than I though I would, it was really good. I played GTA 3, Vice City, and SA, skipped GTA 4, but "got GTA V for my son" on the PS4 :rockin:

I thought I would hate playing Trevor, but he ended up being a LOT of fun.

Diablo 3... I really need to break it out again on the Xbox. Lots of fun and can play with my son.

I know people have their issues with Destiny, but it works for me. If I were hardcore I am sure I would be bored quickly, but I love that I can just pick up and play it for a few hours a couple nights a week and still have decent gear on my toons. Xur and Rahool can be *****es, but I find the player base to be pretty nice.

I enjoyed GTA V a lot more than I though I would, it was really good. I played GTA 3, Vice City, and SA, skipped GTA 4, but "got GTA V for my son" on the PS4 :rockin:

I thought I would hate playing Trevor, but he ended up being a LOT of fun.

Diablo 3... I really need to break it out again on the Xbox. Lots of fun and can play with my son.

I know people have their issues with Destiny, but it works for me. If I were hardcore I am sure I would be bored quickly, but I love that I can just pick up and play it for a few hours a couple nights a week and still have decent gear on my toons. Xur and Rahool can be *****es, but I find the player base to be pretty nice.

Trevor is the best character. Especially if you randomly switch to him he usually is doing something weird but funny

GTA V is probably my second favorite in the series after Vice City. I agree that Trevor is a blast to "check in on" and see what chaos he is up to.

I've been playing a lot of Madden and NBA 2K lately on the Xbox one.

Well, I had taken a one week break from Destiny and was looking forward to some grinding. But, the latest news announcement from Bungie has me so pissed off I am considering wiping it off the HDD. The developers approaches to the "fixes" of this game are unfathomable.

Well, I had taken a one week break from Destiny and was looking forward to some grinding. But, the latest news announcement from Bungie has me so pissed off I am considering wiping it off the HDD. The developers approaches to the "fixes" of this game are unfathomable.

What "fixes"? The matchmaking on a strike?

Using discounts, coupons, and giftcards (80 dollars) . I got an XBox One with Kinect Refurbished, Destiny, Shadows of Mordor, Titanfall, and a year of Live for about 320

Last day to get a refurbished XB1 on staples for 339

If you don't need the kinect, live, or the old games. You can get one from Cowboom for $259 shipped.

Anyone here get The Order 1886?

Amazing graphics, nearly everything else about it is awfully bad. Save your money, rent if you have to, I finished it in about 6 hours and spent most of it annoyed, lol.

I can't remember the last time a console game delivered:confused:

Anyone here get The Order 1886?

Amazing graphics, nearly everything else about it is awfully bad. Save your money, rent if you have to, I finished it in about 6 hours and spent most of it annoyed, lol.

I can't remember the last time a console game delivered:confused:

Wow thanks for the heads up man. Almost bought it this morning out of sheer boredom. Dying for something to play on ps4. Considering plugging PS3 back in just to get lost in some skyrim for a day.

Wow thanks for the heads up man. Almost bought it this morning out of sheer boredom. Dying for something to play on ps4. Considering plugging PS3 back in just to get lost in some skyrim for a day.

My PS4 hasn't been used for gaming for almost 2 months now. It is now pretty much the Netflix machine. Overall really disappointed with the lack of good games out there. My last game I picked up was Assassins Creed Unity and that may be the last time I get a game from Ubisoft. Absolutely horrible game, glitches everywhere and the multiplayer was unusable for the longest time (may still be that way, I got sick of playing after I beat the main story which was mediocre at best). Only two games I have enjoyed on it were Infamous: Second Son (short, with a subpar story but really entertaining gameplay and good graphics) and The Last of Us: Remastered.

I'm praying and waiting for the next Elder Scrolls

If you don't need the kinect, live, or the old games. You can get one from Cowboom for $259 shipped.

I bought the games seperately. I admit, Titanfall will probably be a waste, but I need games. And I wanted the Kinect. I use my 360 as my main streaming device, the one will now take over since it's 1080p instead of 720p. And voice control is convenient with that.

I loved titanfall on the 360, but not sure how many people are still playing. Those that are have done a great job of kicking my ace when I jumped back in a month or two ago.

I am amazed how quickly I get trounced in Titanfall after not playing for months. After a few rounds I do better, but I suspect auto-matching has more to do with it rather than skill. Fun game, shame I am not more intrigued.

I think games are just too expensive to develop these days. Expect $30 phone quality standard games in the future.

I've been playing the XCOM mod The Long War -- an amazing mod, with rewrites of the whole class system, weapons system, and tech tree. Adds a ton of replayability and complexity to an already great game.

Dragon Age Inquisition was and is Amazingly good. I have been playing it for almost 2 months and I have never run out of things to do. Moreover, I still haven't beat it. I HIGHLY recommend this game if you're into RPGs at all!

Dragon Age Inquisition was and is Amazingly good. I have been playing it for almost 2 months and I have never run out of things to do. Moreover, I still haven't beat it. I HIGHLY recommend this game if you're into RPGs at all!

I guess I could throw that back in at some point. Only played it for a weekend it was just so similar to the first couple. Then I tried the multiplayer and it was just way too shallow. Could definitely give it another chance.

I took a lazy day yesterday and beat COD: AW. I'm surprised that I beat it but it was one of the better CODs i played in a while. Good story though I rarely had to use my exo powers. Might go back and fool around more and get online. Also started South Park the stick of truth. Going to be a good game. Already laughing what I found so far in this game

Back