Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already pre-ordered my PS3........(from my buddy who has pre-ordered a PS 4 ;)) which I get for a steal with a bunch of games. No WAY I am paying hundreds for a game system.

GTAV online is a lot of fun, but it's irritating that every jacka$$ starts shooting instead of being chill..

lately my entertainment has been stealing a jet and shooting rockets at the bounty players.. or taking a submarine out in the water exploring, just wish there was scuba gear.. :-/

GTAV online is a lot of fun, but it's irritating that every jacka$$ starts shooting instead of being chill..

lately my entertainment has been stealing a jet and shooting rockets at the bounty players.. or taking a submarine out in the water exploring, just wish there was scuba gear.. :-/

There is in story mood when you go out in the deep end. But there are also sharks that like to maw on your face.

Downloading new COD for PC now.

Thew my $600+ launch ps3 in the garbage this week (it had bad solder on the motherboard). My sixaxis controllers move the characters around on their own. And now with ps4 they want me to buy online monthly subscription? N F'in way! Gonna use my 5 year old pc and 7 year old controller to play the only game I probably would buy for ps4 anyways.

Ok, so the new COD brings a 5-year-old PC to its knees. Not because it's graphically impressive, but more like they store the whole online map in physical memory or something. gonna bring ram up to 10GB and try again.

Ok, so the new COD brings a 5-year-old PC to its knees. Not because it's graphically impressive, but more like they store the whole online map in physical memory or something. gonna bring ram up to 10GB and try again.

At least ram is pretty cheap, specifically on the lower speeds that match to what you will have in a 5 year old machine. I am assuming that you have a pretty speedy dual core and a 2-3 year old graphic card or you will have some trouble playing the game.

I am hoping. I7 920 and a hd5970.

You ain't kidding cheap. 4GB cost a third of what the 4GB hard drive upgrade in my first computer cost.

I may end up going the ps4 route if the memory doesn't make it happen. I have one coming in the mail for the kid so I'll be able to make comparisons. I just read today Sony will have a $50 annual online membership option which will be better than the $10/month.

At least ram is pretty cheap, specifically on the lower speeds that match to what you will have in a 5 year old machine. I am assuming that you have a pretty speedy dual core and a 2-3 year old graphic card or you will have some trouble playing the game.

I'll actually be pretty mad if I have to upgrade my computer for the new games I purchase in the next 2 years. It was built 2 years ago.

My PS3 is already just a Netflix and Hulu machine so no PS4 for me.

So who is on Gta 5 for ps3. This thread hasn't seen some action in awhile and I would like to see it start up again

Everyone is playing their PS4s; if they did so happen to get one that worked.
I am an Xbox person; and PC. It is just how I am...

Last edited by a moderator:
1 million launch consoles sold in the US... %98 percent of them went straight to Ebay it seems. World full of ****** bags.

mredge73 said:
Everyone is playing their PS4s; if they did so happen to get one that worked. I am an Xbox person; and PC. It is just how I am... Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtSyJJC9SCQ

Yeah I guess its time for Xbox folks to get some shots in after the red ring issues. Fingers crossed that my Xbone will power up when it arrives though. Anyone have thoughts of what is a must have launch title? Nothing looks too promising to me. I will be getting ghost for free in a few weeks so just want something to entertain me until then.

Bensiff said:
Yeah I guess its time for Xbox folks to get some shots in after the red ring issues. Fingers crossed that my Xbone will power up when it arrives though. Anyone have thoughts of what is a must have launch title? Nothing looks too promising to me. I will be getting ghost for free in a few weeks so just want something to entertain me until then.

Dead rising 3

DrNecropolis said:
Not with all the reports of faulty blu ray drives surfacing with the xb1..

I haven't plugged mine in yet so hopefully it'll work fine. I saw that PS4 had a green screen rate of .4% so hopefully it isn't much worse. I suppose it would be impossible to expect that each device would be perfect as with so many units shipped I could only imagine Quality control was done on statistical sampling basis. Even if each was tested you would still have some issues after shipping. So, as long as there is not a design flaw all is well for both systems...other than the predictably poor launch titles.

Im sure ot will be ok..

Sony released a troubleshooting guide.. seems a lot of the blue light problems stem from smart tv incompatibility issues..

A matter of updating tv firmware..

If those steps dont work, the have a guide on booting into safemood and a few things to try.. last resort is sending it back.

Anyone play BF4 for PC?
I am currently downloading it now. Black Friday deal on amazon $30

Downloading it for $20 here.

I hope its more playable than cod Ghosts was.
I played for a hour or so last night. Its MUCH better than BF3.
Where in BF3 you had to almost unlock bullets, With BF4 each basic kit is pretty good. My PC did crash twice last night but it was because i had not updated my windows in almost a year. The maps are huge, which is something I miss from the older versions of battlefield.
(also I will never pay full price for a video game. $60 is way to much)

Battlelog name - Yellowirenut

I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY Edition for 360 for 15 bucks, very happy to get it gonna pour an insane amount of playing time into that like I have into Skyrim.

FO3 is not as open as the elder scrolls games. I have blown far more time in Skyrim than I did in FO3.

And I am wondering what PC game I should invest in. I tend to play solo, but am not completely against multiplayer. I want a good game that I can enjoy the storyline/gameplay and not have to commit my entire life to (basically no MMOs

DrunkleJon said:
FO3 is not as open as the elder scrolls games. I have blown far more time in Skyrim than I did in FO3. And I am wondering what PC game I should invest in. I tend to play solo, but am not completely against multiplayer. I want a good game that I can enjoy the storyline/gameplay and not have to commit my entire life to (basically no MMOs

Diablo 3?

BF4 has had some terrible problems. There's already 3 patches. When I first downloaded the game, the sound loop freeze occurred about every 20 minutes.

BF4 has had some terrible problems. There's already 3 patches. When I first downloaded the game, the sound loop freeze occurred about every 20 minutes.
I seem to only find time on the weekends to play...and then its only for about an hr. may wait a wile before playing again till they get it right.

Arkham Origins has been a pretty fun play. Haven't played City but have played Asylum. I like the series

grathan said:
Downloading it for $20 here. I hope its more playable than cod Ghosts was.
Agreed. I think COD has been slowly dying. They should have just kept adding maps to MW2 and not wasted their time. Just hope something good comes out to play on the xbone soon because my 360 died in September.

I played this recently and was way more fun than the first one.

First one was amazing but the overall plot was pretty much non-existant. Second is much more plot driven (and Handsome Jack is the best villan ever)

Was fun never got around to the dlc still need to put alot more work into skyrim. Got to bissy with Mine craft league of lgends and now Path of the exile.

I started playing Battlefield 4 yesterday on my PC. The last FPS game I played was Goldeneye so I am realizing that I am terrible at this game. So many controls to learn. Badass game though.

I had played WWIIOnline for over ten years. It's a great game, but I'm afraid it's about to be washed up by retarded game managers and no intellectual pool. Now I'm make to an old single player war game very similar to Panzer General called Panzer Corp. With a beer of course.

Back