VIDEO: Brewing a Hillbilly beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome video!

To bad you weren't around in WV in the evenings when we'd sit in front of the coal-burning fireplace with a fiddle & a banjo goin'. And grandmaw's keg charred moon. Funny video. If you like strong beer & corn whiskey with banjo music...you might be a red-neck. If your brewery cost more than your car...you might be a red-neck.:D

Ok, I can't resist......If your wife has ever said to you...."Honey, move your wort chiller out of the sink so I can take a bath!"...You might be a redneck homebrewer. If you mow your yard, and find a propane burner stand....you might be a redneck homebrewer. If you've ever contemplated hooking your grain mill to a 350 short block engine...You might be a redneck homebrewer.

Fantastic video. Loved the part where the disembodied arm joins in on the cheers (and the hops addition). Hilarious!

Awesome, watching it at work and got the song stuck in my co workers head lol. Now I want to go home and brew

Friday. Time to bump this glorious bastard again.

Best part?

No-look through-the-window clink or possibly smelling the plug-in for "The Mighty Truck."

@Mongster - How did the Jack & hot wort taste? Really curious.

Friday. Time to bump this glorious bastard again.

Best part?

No-look through-the-window clink or possibly smelling the plug-in for "The Mighty Truck."

@Mongster - How did the Jack & hot wort taste? Really curious.

It has a sweet taste (obviously from all the sugars from the malts), and a warming feeling (from the temperature as well as the Jack). I first watched them folks from Brewingtv doing this.

I've never tried it. Saw it on brewTV too. A video with them doing a long decoction mash in the snow. Perfect weather for this hot toddy of sorts.

I'm such a numbers geek I would be worried about the hit to my brewhouse efficiency:eek:, especially as I reckon 1 would not be enough. :drunk:

I'm a subscriber so I watched it as soon as it showed up. I LOVED it. Thanks for the work you put into these. Not just a "brew day" but a story. Keep them coming.

I really enjoyed this video. However, since I live in Arkansas I thought I might be able to give you a few tips.

I didn't see chewing tobacco anywhere in your grain bill. Or grits, for that matter.
The accent. We don't have accents, y'all do.
Blichman is not sold at Walmart. You should have used a turkey fryer and tupperware, siphoning with a garden hose.
No duct tape, anywhere. Don't you know how to build or fix anything?
You were way too sober during filming. Way too sober.
Jack effin' Daniels ain't no damn bourbon!
There were drapes over the windows! Geez, run out of aluminum foil and blankets?
Too many of them fancy words.
Never once heard you say, "Hold my beer and watch this."
Never saw any firearms, are you one of them commies?
And last, but not least, this is a proper electric vehicle:
http://www.cruzincooler.com/

I really enjoyed this video. However, since I live in Arkansas I thought I might be able to give you a few tips.

I didn't see chewing tobacco anywhere in your grain bill. Or grits, for that matter.
The accent. We don't have accents, y'all do.
Blichman is not sold at Walmart. You should have used a turkey fryer and tupperware, siphoning with a garden hose.
No duct tape, anywhere. Don't you know how to build or fix anything?
You were way too sober during filming. Way too sober.
Jack effin' Daniels ain't no damn bourbon!
There were drapes over the windows! Geez, run out of aluminum foil and blankets?
Too many of them fancy words.
Never once heard you say, "Hold my beer and watch this."
Never saw any firearms, are you one of them commies?
And last, but not least, this is a proper electric vehicle:
http://www.cruzincooler.com/

Thanks for the feedback.
Guess I have a long way to go before becoming a certified hillbilly :mug:

Mongster you are straight savage, But I have to agree with jr72023. You need a little Southern Indiana/Kentucky/West Virginia trip to know what hillbilly bourbon is all about. Ten High Makes Hillbilly's Fly - homebrew needs to be the version 2 of this video. Also, hillbilly's do not eat raisins, maybe try boiling up some corn with ten high to make a sweet corn syrup out of the booze. You need Nascar apparel, and bib overalls. If you don't play Hank Williams Sr/Jr, tear in my beer, Blue Eyes Crying, Country Boys Can Survive, Family Tradition, or Whiskey Bent, you aint Hillbilly. Also to add to jr72023 - there is no "hillbilly" alive that doesn't have a dog and at least a 12g shotgun passed down from his granpappy. Beechnut or RedMan Chew is a family feud, life or death decision. Hatfield Vs McCoy Pale Ale, I need to stop, its going to get to be too much.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjaW9sXl7s[/ame]

Hey Mongster,
Don't pay any attention to jjeffers09 or jr72023 or anyone else who think they know what IS true "Hillbilly." Neither Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Georgia, nor any other southern state has a Monopoly on what is "Hillbilly."
Your Norwegian style has perfect validity, just as your neighbor to the east across the Gulf of Bothnia demonstrates through Steve N Seagulls https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc
Keep on Brewing:mug:

Back