Very slow c02 leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phidelt844

Reaction score
Hey folks, hoping to get some opinions on a very slow leak I have. I recently moved and after setting up my previously leak-free kegging system I am now finding a very slow leak that I'm having trouble tracking down. With all kegs disconnected, I turn the main tank on, adjust my regulator to 40 psi, and turn the main tank off. So to start, my system is sitting at 760 on the high pressure gauge and 40 on the low. After 96 hours, the low side still reads 40, but the high side drops to around 600. Opening up the main tank refills the high side to 760 again, so I don't think this is a temperature fluctuation issue. I've tried spraying connections, dunking the whole thing in water, no luck finding any bubbles. Is this slow degradation of the high side normal? I don't recall seeing this in my previous setup. Most folks I see with leaks talk about the high side reading 0 after a few hours; is a leak this small even worth worrying about or is the loss more or less negligible? Thanks for any feedback!

Back