very cloudy brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time poster, fairly new brewer. I'm doing my 4th batch of beer. Its a brewhouse pale ale kit. Following my friends example, I attempted to brew a 'green tea' pale ale. I followed the kit instructions exactly, except that instead of 8 litres of water, I put in 6litres of steeped green tea and 2 litres water.

My brew has been in primary for about 3 days now (brewhouse ferment very fast) and when i went to take my hydrometer sample I noticed the beer was extremely cloudy - more so then anything I've brewed before. I don't know if this is because its a pale ale that I'm doing.

I've sanitized everything thoroughly, but I'm scared that this might be indicative of an infection.

Thoughts?

After your beer is done fermenting put it in the fridge or someplace cold and "cold crash" the haze your seeing is the yeast

Personally I wouldn't worry about clarity until bottling time (I.E. 3 - 4 weeks into fermentation)

Your beer is fine. Others hinted, but I'm saying it. Cloudy beer just means cloudy beer....not infected beer. Could be the tea is reacting with the other beer stuff to make it a bit hazier....or it could be the yeast...or whatever, but it's fine. :mug: cheers!

Back