Using two cans of Mr Beer Belgian Christmas Ale 2013 - 5 Gallon Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREBEESIE

Reaction score
I have two cans of Mr Beer Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale that I want to throw together and make a five gallon batch. The info for the hopped LME is as follows:

NET WEIGHT 3.75 POUNDS (1.7 KILOGRAMS)
This recipe will produce 2 gallons of beer in approximately 3 weeks. Suggested lager time is 1-3 months.
Flavor: Balanced
ABV (alc/vol): 6.5%
SRM (Color): 16
IBU (Bitterness): 45

If I put these two cans together in a five gallon batch would it turn out alright? I was trying to use them really as a base to make a copper/amber ale
I wasn't going to add the spice sachets or use the T-58 yeast that came with it, but instead use California Ale WLP001.
Would this turn out okay? looking for mild to medium hoppiness and for it to maintain a similar SRM of around 12-18

I was even thinking of adding up to .5lb of coconut palm sugar to add a toffee like flavor.

Please advise... I'm still kind of a newbie and would love to hear your ideas.
:ban:

I ended up steeping 2 1/2 cups of crystal 60l and 1/2 cup of chocolate malts for 20 minutes, then adding 8oz (1/2lb) of coconut palm sugar and the 2 cans of hopped LME. I brought it to a boil and stirred it for a minute then turned the heat off and pitched the WLP001 (California Ale) at around 70-72F
I will let it sit for 10-14 days in the primary check the FG and if all is well transfer it to a corny keg and carbonate it. Hope it turns out good. The OG turned out to be 1058

Back