Using a march pump to cycle chemicals from through the posts of a corny keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mux said:
Where did you find those fittings?

The unusual fitting is the triclamp x male 'beer thread' adapter which I found at stpats.com ... You have to look in the sanitary fittings section and scroll down the page for it:

http://stpats.com/index.htm

TCxBeerThreads.jpg

These are not NPT, but "beer thread." It's the same thread used on faucet shanks & sankey couplers.

This allowed me to attach a standard 3/16 draft barb, washer & nut to a to the male triclamp fitting shown above. The other ends of the lines are just stainless corny quick connects, flare nuts, and 3/16 barbs. All these parts can be found at morebeer. It's my goal to make my entire brewery triclamp interchangeable, even the draft/cold side. A bit pricey, but very convenient for things like this.

I'm sure the same procedure can be done with different (and cheaper) parts. Of course, the pump needs to be primed. I found that tilting a slightly more than half full keg was enough to flood the loop & pump head. Start the pump and away she rolls.

Latest posts

Back