Using a cream whipper to nitro charge a pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klyph

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I was wondering if it would be feasible to fill a cream whipper
cream_whipper_ss_large.jpg

with carbonated beer, then charge it with nitrogen and dispense into your pint glass simulating a nitro tap.
Guinness%20PInt.jpg

Thoughts?

cream chargers contain N2O which is not the beer gas you're looking for. asked and answered, utfse

Sorry for my hasty reply, I'm having one helluva DMV day right now. i think tap-a-keg.com has N2 chargers. not sure that the results from a cream dispenser would be comparable to a draft setup though.

I've seen all kinds of tricks to simulate a "nitro pour" but none of them are the same as the real deal. Yea you may get a lot of bubbles and head, but it's not the same as using a stout faucet with a gas mix (75% Nitrogen, 25% CO2). The bubbles should rush down the glass the whole time (never up) and once it settles do the second part of the pour, and you end up with a long lasting, thick, creamy head. Although you still have plenty of people with the right setup that still have terrible pours.

Back