• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Used MoreBeer 15 Gallon Stainless Brew Kettle: Rocklin, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdburg

Reaction score
**Update 12/27/14: The kettle has sold. Thank you everyone for your interest.**

I thought I'd try this again after the holidays, in case anyone is looking for a new kettle. I'm looking to sell my 15 Gallon MoreBeer stainless heavy duty brew kettle with notched lid. I've been using it for about six years, so it's not new, but it's in good shape and has a few upgrades.

• false bottom (use as a mash tun or to filter whole hops in the boil)
  • notched lid for immersion chiller
  • diverter plate (see next bullet)
  • compression fitting with copper pickup tube (drilled hole through the diverter plate to run the tube back to the wall of the kettle)
  • thermometer w/ 2" probe
  • 1/2" stainless ball valve

I've drilled two holes in the lid. One is blocked with a 1/2" stainless bold and locknut. I've used them for my liquid returns to the kettle, so if you want to do the same, you won't need to do any more drilling.

The rundown of what you will get is as follows:
  • The kettle itself, with the notched lid, sells for $269 new.
  • The false bottom is $100 new.
  • The pickup tube adds $16 new, and the thermometer adds $20 new.
  • The diverter plate option is no longer offered, but I believe it was about $40 at the time. I think it does help avoid some of the pick up of hops and break material, so it's a bonus.
Total cost new = $445

I'm asking $175 for the kettle and accessories, which is far less than half of what I paid for it new.Shipping will be expensive, so I'm hoping to find someone in the Sacramento area (I live in Rocklin, CA) or someone who is willing to pick it up. If you're interested, please send me an IM.

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

false_bottom.jpg

PM returned.

I'd still rather prefer to sell this thing locally to avoid shipping, so we'll see if anyone else is interested while I work on a packaging and shipping quote.

Back