Used all my new equipment Saturday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall081

Reaction score
On my last brew day I left my aluminum pot with copper immersion chiller and some steel lag bolts holding my hop spider together soaking overnight. Then the next morning I woke up went to clean it and the bolts on the hop spider started to rust already the pan was rust and white oxidation powder all over it so I figured that's awesome I cause now i get a new kettle and chiller. So I took a 5 gallon keg I had laying around chopped the top and put old chiller in it and i now have a stainless steel pre chiller I fill up with ice. I coiled up a 50ft roll to use as my main chiller. I had a keggle welded up so i can have the room to grow to 10 gallon batches. I also got a new burner from morebeer last minute addition minutes before brewing. Had alot of fun with the new equipment and the chiller got me down to 70° in about 15 minutes possibly slightly less as I did not think to time it out. I'm trying to add a couple pics here but i am on my phone and kinda rushed as I am at work and doing the in between customers so if the pics don't show I will repost later when I get home.

ForumRunner_20110620_034530.jpg

ForumRunner_20110620_034642.jpg

ForumRunner_20110620_034721.jpg

ForumRunner_20110620_034900.jpg

Back