Use Airstone on keezer wall?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skibumdc

Reaction score
Was curious about using airstone on the exterior wall of the keezer. Use adhesive and stick it right on the walls.

It's rated for high temps and is basically a styrofoam stone veneer.

I know people say don't put anything on the skin of the freezer b/c it won't dissipate heat when the compressor is running, but just curious??

Was curious about using airstone on the exterior wall of the keezer. Use adhesive and stick it right on the walls.

It's rated for high temps and is basically a styrofoam stone veneer.

I know people say don't put anything on the skin of the freezer b/c it won't dissipate heat when the compressor is running, but just curious??

do you have a chest freezer as of now? put your hand on the side of it every now and again to feel the temperature. significantly higher than ambient room temp.

I already have the keezer up and running. Yeah I know it gets hot but curious if the light nature of the veneer would affect heat dissipation

My guess is it would act like wrapping your freezer in insulation. Never seen it firsthand but based on the name I'd guess it contains lots of little air pockets which is kind of the idea behind insulation. So yes, unless it's made of materials that are specifically designed to dissipate heat, it would most likely cause problems.

THe air pockets trapping heat seems logical.
Appreciate the info

Back