Two Years Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewers and Brewerettes...

I don't know what happened to my post to my own thread earlier today, but it is not showing up, so I'll start another thread.

I was doing quite well this morning, until I decided to hang Christmas stockings. Today is the second anniversary of my dear wife, Marie's death. I went to my cellar and hauled up the stockings, and when I found hers, the tears started. The stockings are all lovingly hand-knitted by Marie, and the four girls have their names on the top. Hers and mine say, "Mommy" and "Daddy." And she even did one for the first son-in-law. Seeing the love that she put into such simple things as Christmas stockings made me miss her all that much more today.

The grief and pain will always be there, but the passage of time has given me ways to deal with that grief and pain...most of the time! So, I can still say A BLESSED AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL HERE AT HBT!

glenn514:mug:

My sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. I almost lost my wife to cancer last year and did lose my father to the cumulative effects of Alzheimer's and a massive stroke.

Dying is part of living, but, it's the last part, and that makes it very difficult to deal with. I, too, hope the coming year brings you peace.

Mark

My heart goes out to ya brother! Sorry for your loss...hope it brought some comfort to hang the stockings now, as it might have then...Merry Christmas to you!

Back