Two Headed Monster Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIPA0303

Reaction score
Got this bad boy for free from the brew pub where I work.* I've never seen one like this before, but we use a similar one to clean out our draft lines.

It holds a little more than 5 gal.* I'm guessing it's the same volume as a sixtle, has dual sankey keg connections, AND a large corny style opening (sans lid).* The corny style opening may or may not leak, but I don't have an extra corny lid to test since they are all in use right now.

Anyone think of any good uses for this I could take advantage of for homebrewing?

I'd rather not use it as a serving keg since it has a fat footprint and I wouldn't use it for cleaning my kegerator lines since I run corny kegs.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

ForumRunner_20131124_194426.jpg

Wierd, I just got one of these and had never seen one before. Got it at an estate sale with a jockey box for $10 :ban:

I think I'm going to use it to serve. Or possibly ferment test batches under pressure. Need to build a spunding valve first though.

Your right it is for cleaning taps. Ive always referred to them as a CO2 pot. As far as a use, I use one for its intended purpose on my kegerator. My draft lines have flare disconnects, and I then use a sankey adapter with flare fitting attached as well ( http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_17_46_417&products_id=2879). I just disconnect the flare end from my ball lock corny and attach it to the CO2 pot via the adapters. Cant serve from them (I know you said you dont want to) because they pulse the liquid coming out of the sankey fitting for better cleaning action. They also make adapters to connect ball lock corny fittings to the sankey directly so you dont have to run flare fittings (http://www.cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=752203&showprevnext=1).

Latest posts

Back