Two faucets from one keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billye1982

Reaction score
I built a two faucet kegerator a few years ago that has been in storage for a while now. I finally got my garage at my new house cleaned up and ready to turn into a man cave. I have a question though that I have not found an answer to. I can run two kegs in my setup but I was wondering if I can use a T to have each keg pour from two faucets? I am considering placing the kegerator beside the wall and running two line thru the wall for a wall mount tap in the kitchen then mounting two faucets on the outside of the kegerator so if I am in the man cave I would not have to go back in the kitchen.

Should be fine. I do not see why it would not work. Unless their is some odd vacumm created by opening one tap. But the other tap should be sealed. Wonder if pull it open

Why would I want to be able to get a drink from one kegerator in two different rooms? I guys because it would not be much work to get there and because who wants to go in the kitchen when you have guests in the other room?

Ok, I missed that you wanted to end up with two kegs driving pairs of faucets in different rooms. Aside from the trouble of keeping all the lines cold, I suppose that ought to work...

Cheers!

You need the restriction on both legs of the T to be the same. Otherwise yes it will work...oh and you need to run your cleaning regime for each leg individualy, not at the same time (flow rate is lower if both are open)

Yes it will work. I can not say what will happen if someone attempts to draw from both taps at once. One may suck air, or both may just slow way down. Cleaning and cooling of the lines would be your biggest issues.

It sure seems like to will work, I couldn't see any major issues coming up. I will build an insulated box to run the lines from the fridge thru the wall, it will be a short run but I can add a fan to blow air into that box if needed. I think if the lines are the same length after the T and only one tap per line is being used I should have no problems. It will probably take me a few weeks to get this all set up, but I will post some pictures for everyone to see.

Back