Tv Guilty Pleasures.....What are yours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the kids have on. Big Time Rush is on now. Pretty sure I have seen every episode at least twice.

Mostly watch Nhl net, love boardwalk empire. My guilty pleasure is bad girls club on oxygen. Yeah, I know. Def gets annoying some times but watching 7 semi hot chicks drink like fish, beat each other senseless, and occasionally make out with each other is suprisingly entertaining. Leaves me saying, can't wait till next week........

I've got kids that watch Nick quite a bit, so I'm constantly catching myself checking out Sam from iCarly and Teddy from Good Luck Charlie...;)

That's just wrong. She's what, *barely* eighteen now? Same with the girl from iCarly? How long ago were those episodes filmed?

the_bird said:
That's just wrong. She's what, *barely* eighteen now? Same with the girl from iCarly? How long ago were those episodes filmed?

Lighten up, Francis. I'm watching a TV show with my kids, not stalking them or something. What's the code for rolling eyes?

Anyone know if their houses are on the star maps for tourists in Hollywood? :)

We all have them.

I don't watch a lot of tv, and when I do it tends to be sports or shows on the cooking channel, or History or Discovery, the kind of "reality" shows about Swamp people, or ice truck drivers, or myth busters or extreme fisherman, or Sam Caliqione. And I like crime dramas of the NCIS and Criminal Minds variety.

I can't stand most reality "contest" shows like survivor or the great race or whatever it's called. But if it's a cooking contest show, like Hell's kitchen or when our fellow HBT-er was on Master Chef, I like those.

And shows about folks in Jersey or Housewives of whatever don't interest me either.
And I just wanna punch out a certain High School Choir.

And I'm not a fan of the 30 minute sitcom either...I was never even a big seinfeld, or cheers or friends fan either. I usually find the characters in those shows to be too annoying.

But I just realized that I've become hooked on the show "New Girl" starring Zooey Deschanel as this hot geekette living with a bunch of guys. It's pretty well written, the supporting cast is pretty funny, and Zooey is the hot nerd that never existed when I was a nerd in highschool....

But, you know, I'm a guy....I shouldn't be watching this...It's a chick show isn't it?

We all have shows like this, that we know it's "wrong" for whatever reason...it kinda goes against the rest of our viewing habits, it might even be one of the types of shows I mentioned earlier, "Housewives of Moderately Famous Athletes."

So what's yours?

I am hurt. :(

usfmikeb said:
I've got kids that watch Nick quite a bit, so I'm constantly catching myself checking out Sam from iCarly and Teddy from Good Luck Charlie...;)

+1 I got to little girls that love nick and Disneyland

Ok, guilty pleasure would have to be Hawaii 5-O. Terrible show. Great scenery. SWMBO is from Hawaii and she has to get her Hawaii fix to be sane. Grace Park isn't bad looking either. It's tripped out to me how a lot of the old "Lost" cast members are hanging out in Hawaii and filming stuff there. Just can't leave I guess. +1 to Criminal Minds and NCIS. My personal one, I like Wipe Out. I know it's stupid and really trying to be like Ninja Warrior (which is totally awesome BTW), but I find myself LMAO watching it.

Hawaii 5-O is cheesy but I can't resis it. American Horror Story is Pretty good. I am hooked on Sons of Anarchy like nobody's business, but that's a legit show I will own up to watching. Sucks that the season ended until September...

I watch far too many TV shows. Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy (best show on TV), Justified...the list goes on.

But guilty pleasures?

Terra Nova is one. Don't see many people talking about it. Sort of a dumb plot, but there are dinosaurs and future weapons. Whats not to like.

Worst guilty pleasure?
JERSEY SHORE!

Guilty pleasure? "World's Dumbest ...."

Wife mocks me for watching it, but she laughs, too.

I'm loving the new Beavis and Butthead episodes, but I wouldn't really call those a "guilty" pleasure. They're a lot smarter than most of what's on TV.

"Huh huh, this guy's dumber than us!"

I've been watching it since it came back on too.

Beavis and Butthead is smart now, it's a little odd.

It's nice to see the progression of Judge though, I've been a fan and followed through since the original series.

I'm hooked on NCIS, Law and Order: SVU (the older ones), Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy and whatever is on Discovery/Science/National Geographic/History.

Tv Guilty Pleasures?

Lusting after female newscasters.

Athletes ... singers ... movie stars ... really don't do much for me. Just newswomen and similar female news and newsmagazine hosts.
I know. Strange.

I don't watch TV. Never had time, now it is of no interest. I watch netflix a couple times a month. That is it. Don't have cable. Was in the ER with my mom while Dancing with the Stars final was on. Oh that was bad. It just kept going and going. I just don't get it, so I guess I have become one of "those guys".

Do you know snooky? ;)

No. But I have lived in NJ all my life and have never even seen people like that let alone down the shore. But I live and pretty much stay in South Jersey and if that goes on at all I think it is up north and closer to NYC which is where I believe the show is from.

No I never watched it, well just once to see what all the fuss was about but quickly changed the channel. Do you know they paid her I believe it was $30,000 to speak at Rutgers University here in NJ? I think it was just for one day, crazy.

Been a while but when I used to work at home during the day there was a Japanese soap opera on around 10-11am on public television I think. It was in Japanese so I had no idea what they were saying but their actions actually told some of the story...but I watched it because it had some of the most beautiful Japanese women on it. ;)

I of course would only put it on when home alone so I wouldn't have to explain why I was watching it.

I'll be watching America's Got Talent come 2012 since Howard Stern just signed as the lead judge. He really is brilliant, and that show needed him. It'll pass American Idol like nothing TV ever saw.

jgln said:
No. But I have lived in NJ all my life and have never even seen people like that let alone down the shore. But I live and pretty much stay in South Jersey and if that goes on at all I think it is up north and closer to NYC which is where I believe the show is from.

No I never watched it, well just once to see what all the fuss was about but quickly changed the channel. Do you know they paid her I believe it was $30,000 to speak at Rutgers University here in NJ? I think it was just for one day, crazy.

Fame has it's rewards, but we'll see where she is in 5 years. My guess... just a faint memory in the fickle realm of American fads.

Someone on hear at some point said the went to high school with her, said she was horrible.

I think it was here. You never know though.

Guilty pleasure would be "Wipeout"

Nice to see that someone is watching "Northern Exposure" - One of the best television dramas ever.

"Treme" from HBO is right up there. Give it a few seasons and it could be at the top. Waaay too many scenes with Budweiser, though.

I grew up between Millville, Cape May, and Wildwood and there are ABSOLUTELY people like that all over south NJ and the Jersey shore. You just happen to be normal. I can't stand any of that crap, either.

Myth Busters reruns over and over on Netflix. I also got to admit I'm a soap opera junkie, Sons of Anarchy.... "Riding through this world, all alone...." love it!

I'm probably the only guy in America who watches The Hills. My wife watches it, then I got hooked.

(I'm in love with LC)!

Lauren Conrad...

I've been watching it since it came back on too.

Beavis and Butthead is smart now, it's a little odd.

It's nice to see the progression of Judge though, I've been a fan and followed through since the original series.

I almost pissed myself last night, when they were mocking Jersey Shore (again).

"I'm a whore, hello?"

"Huh, huh, that's how she answers the phone."

Nothing was better than...

"That's exactly what Rick said! He said if I ever told anyone, they would say that I was making it up"

"uhhhh....ooook beavis"

"ya ya, he also said, that my butt might hurt for a few days......and it did. He's a smart guy that Rick"

I think people got the wrong idea,or were too embarresed of what they were really accidentally watching. As far as WTF am im watching this it was Jersey shore, the hills or rockof love, and even those after reuinuion shows,it seems your flipping through then you realized your watching it for a half hour.Just because you like how dumb and rediculous those characters are.
I dont watch a whole lot of tv but i do like 1000 ways to die and some of tru tv's stuff not some of those fakey ones like repo, but the stupidest criminals, or practical jokes shows.National geographic has been pretty interesting latley.Tosh.O is great, but man he is edgy with the gay stuff. Pretty funny when he was teabagging a big jar of tea,naked and blurred out with tea bags.

my son and I love Dr Who for the humor. I also watch Stargate Universe at 2AM. it is the only time I can see it without spending another $40 a month.

jonmohno said:
I think people got the wrong idea,or were too embarresed of what they were really accidentally watching. As far as WTF am im watching this it was Jersey shore, the hills or rockof love, and even those after reuinuion shows,it seems your flipping through then you realized your watching it for a half hour.Just because you like how dumb and rediculous those characters are.
I dont watch a whole lot of tv but i do like 1000 ways to die and some of tru tv's stuff not some of those fakey ones like repo, but the stupidest criminals, or practical jokes shows.National geographic has been pretty interesting latley.Tosh.O is great, but man he is edgy with the gay stuff. Pretty funny when he was teabagging a big jar of tea,naked and blurred out with tea bags.

Along these lines, I find myself constantly landing on campus cops or campus PD or some $&/", all drunk college kids doing drunk, dumb college kid stuff.

Nothing was better than...

"That's exactly what Rick said! He said if I ever told anyone, they would say that I was making it up"

"uhhhh....ooook beavis"

"ya ya, he also said, that my butt might hurt for a few days......and it did. He's a smart guy that Rick"

Rick is an extremely smart guy.

my son and I love Dr Who for the humor. I also watch Stargate Universe at 2AM. it is the only time I can see it without spending another $40 a month.

Tho the series is run only occasionally and not right now, but another middle of the night fav is Two Fat Ladies.

Is that pay-per-view?

Nope. I live only a mile from Canada ... Detroit is a border city. Two Fat Ladies is sometimes broadcast "over the air" on Ontario's "Public TV" station TVO.

Two Fat Ladies is a foodie/cooking show. Really funny tho.

Just for the heckovit I just checked wiki for the show and it says that Two Fat Ladies is running on The Cooking Channel as of October 2011 ... The Cooking Channel website shows ...
http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/two-fat-ladies/index.html
apparently doing some Christmas Specials too ... with one of the Christmas episodes jerking and pit roasting a whole boar, no less! Now there's a Christmas dish to impress the relatives.

Back