Easy-Peasy (no glue) Keezer Build with lots of pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great. Question: What keeps the water from going bad and growing "yuckies" in it seeing as it has no ABV content? Love the idea, just don't want to rinse the beer glass with dirty water.

I just use RO water, and it's under pressure. I just added water to it a couple days ago, nothing going on in there except water hanging out.

@mongoose33. great thread! What color stain is that on the newest build? I am in the middle of my build and considering a red mahogony or red chestnut. Like the deep red on that pine collar you have.

@mongoose33. great thread! What color stain is that on the newest build? I am in the middle of my build and considering a red mahogony or red chestnut. Like the deep red on that pine collar you have.

I think it was Chestnut. What was weird about the way it turned out is that I didn't realize how good it would look if I stained the inside as well. I was just doing that to seal the wood. I'd originally planned to put 1" foamboard on the inside of the collar, but there's a lot of wood there, and it insulates fairly well.

This is great. Question: What keeps the water from going bad and growing "yuckies" in it seeing as it has no ABV content? Love the idea, just don't want to rinse the beer glass with dirty water.

Sorry, I didn't see this last post until just now.

My torpedo keg is clean, and all I'm adding to the keg is clean water. I'm not sure what yuckies could grown in there given the lack of a food source.. At any rate, I've had to refill the Torpedo keg several times and never have I seen anything in there but water.

Back