Turkey fried beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munimula

Reaction score
No not a turkey flavored beer. I'm getting all the stuff together to attempt my first batch of beer tomorrow. A Best Beer kit of Oatmeal stout. Extract with specialty grains and I've been reading all I can in the last week or two.

I discovered that my electric stove could barley boil a 5 gallon pot in under an hour and could not hit a rolling boil at all so I borrowed an outdoor gas burner that happens to be from a turkey fry set. The same 6 gallon aluminum pot I'm gonna be using. But it has no BTU rating on its instructions at all. I don't think it will matter as it was meant for the pot I'm using I'm just curious. So if anyone knows anything about the New Braunfels Firenzy/fireburst turkey fry set model 1270 or 1280 that would be helpful. My google-fu failed me on this one.

Also I'm trying to figure out the best temp to keep this beer at while fermenting. I normally have no AC running in my apartment for power costs but will be turning it on for the duration of the fermentation and my local hot season which seems to be winding down.

try to keep your fermenter at 70 degrees or below. There are many different methods to this but next to sanitation fermentation temp is one of the most important factors in home brewing

I think I'm set for sanitation. I've got a dishwasher and star-san ready to go for tomorrow. I'll probably have to do a bit of swamp cool bath to keep it under 70 then. With the ac on my apartment cruises around 75 with the temps we have here.

Back