Truby Comp Results: Drum Roll Please.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I brewed my first batch, my buddy who's been brewing for over a decade warned me that most homebrewers worry too much. This seems to support his theory. I guess a little trub can't hurt.

I did the trub vs. no-trub exBEERiment last month, entered Truby into a competition to see how she'd fare... well, well...

http://brulosophy.com/2014/07/02/truby-competition-results-drum-roll-please/

Congrats on the win. Your blog is great by the way.

I've been hearing more often that trub in the fermentation is beneficial which is great because it makes the end of brew day so much easier and faster. The only down side is that the yeast is a bit more challenging to harvest cleanly from the carboy. This probably isn't as big of a deal though since it's a best practice to harvest some yeast from a starter if you're planning to reuse it, I just need to actually start harvesting this way.

I saw some people commented about the score sheets and I realize it was free and just for the club. I would recommend they try out the checkbox score sheets next time. Less time and still gets the main points across. Cause ya those scoresheets were rather weak haha

That's a good recommendation. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back