Troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mijori04

Reaction score
New to brewing. Made three batches 2 kits 1 all grain. IBUs for all three were suppsed to be under 25. I have know idea where I am going wrong. I sanitize everything with hot water and one step cleanser. I monitor my temps every 15 min in boil I steep at appropriate temp and time. I use tap water and a Turkey fryer. Sorry if I'm all over the place just trying to get all the info out there. Any help is appreciated. Oh for all fermentation periods 1 week primary 1 week secondary and atleast 1 week bottle.

What you're tasting is probably not hop bittering.

First, your time periods are not long enough. Next time, give it three weeks primary, skip the secondary and then three weeks in the bottles (at room temp).

At what temperature do you 1) pitch yeast and 2) ferment (as measured on the bucket, not the air)?

Also, switch to StarSan.

I feel like i am getting a little deja vu. I just answered this thread in a different location.
BigFloyd posted there too.:(

Back