Trader Joe's Vintage Ale 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
So I live in Omaha and we just got our first Trader Joe's. Bought my first bottles (2) of TJ Vintage Ale. Anyone try this years Ale? I plan on drinking one and saving the other til next year.

Cheers

Hell Yeah I did .. I bought two bottles on a whim, drank them, and bought a case of 12 ...

At $4.99, you can't beat it. It is an awesome ale.

FYI, it is a Belgian Strong Ale beer by Unibroue. Unibroue makes a slew of good beer.

http://www.unibroue.com/en/home/

it's good, I've bought a few bottles of it. sometimes the spiciness is overpowering though, depends on what else I've been drinking

I just tried 2010 and thought it was great. I'm aiming to buy a case to cellar later this week. I've still got one bottle of 2008 and about 9 bottles of 2009 left. Can't wait to break them out and try them all together in a couple of years.

I just tried 2010 and thought it was great. I'm aiming to buy a case to cellar later this week. I've still got one bottle of 2008 and about 9 bottles of 2009 left. Can't wait to break them out and try them all together in a couple of years.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing (in a few years of course) The idea of a laterial tasting would be cool. Gotta try my first bottle either tonite or tomorrow and decide if I want to go "invest" in some more.

Cheers

Haven't seen the Vintage but we got a TJ in Portland ME recently. My buddy brought over a couple bottles of their Octoberfest. He had one and my friend who got me in to brewing got the other.

I didn't get the chance to try any, but the next morning I found one half bottle and one third of a bottle stashed in the back corner of the game shelf. Not a ringing endorsement from two very adventurous beer drinkers with pretty good palates.

OK, guess i'll be the first. I tried it last night. I really didn't think it was that great.

Hey, to each his own. I personally hate overly hopped beers, but that's just me.

I didn't get the chance to try any, but the next morning I found one half bottle and one third of a bottle stashed in the back corner of the game shelf. Not a ringing endorsement from two very adventurous beer drinkers with pretty good palates.

Don't let those results deter you from the Vintage Ale. Like someone in this thread mentioned, it's made by Unibroue. The other TJ beers are made by different companies, and may or may not be good.

all the josephsbrau stuff is gordon biersch-made and the mission street comes from firestone walker. josephsbrau is hit or miss with me, but all the mission street stuff is good.

Just picked up a case of the 2010 Vintage Ale. :rockin:

The majority of the bottles are going to be cellared. Some will be consumed now, and some will be gifts for the neighbors (since the Spiced Ale I brewed, and intended to gift, really needs to mellow first).

I bought 6. stored 3 and drank 3 over the holidays. ended up having one in February that i didn't quite like, but drank the other this month. have to say...better with age. i only wish i had purchased more to store long enough to get me thru the end of the year until the 2011 batch comes out.
can't wait to try an brew my own!

Got a recipe?

I bought a case of the 2010 too, an will so again in 2011. It is great beer for $4.99 a bottle!

I work for trader joes and yes mission street is Firestone. Their pale ale is incredible and also the vintage by unibraou is amazing too..I have 3 left from the holidays and a 2005 in my closet:)

I work for trader joes and yes mission street is Firestone. Their pale ale is incredible and also the vintage by unibraou is amazing too..I have 3 left from the holidays and a 2005 in my closet:)

Agreed. The vintage is always good.

Also, I loved the Mission St. Anniversary Imperial Brown. Really good.

Just opened one from my beer cooler. Nice, spicy, heavy on the cloves. I have a few 2005s left and they have more of a definite cola flavor. Still good tho. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back