Total noob question. Wiring an Auber SW11. Please help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abhitchc

Reaction score
I am copying this wiring diagram:

wiringdiagram-56901.jpg

I am trying to get my power switch wired, a "1 normally open 1 normally closed" switch.

I was trying to go by Auber's instructions located here: http://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/SW11_manual.pdf

and I am looking at #'s 11 and 23. They both have "L" in the diagram, indicating that they are both "Line 1".

In the picture of my wiring diagram, you can clearly see that there are both "neutral" and "Line 1" entering the power switch.

I am confused. Can someone explain this to me???

Auber's SW11 is a DPST switch - Double Post Single Throw. This is a Normally Open (NO) and Normally Closed (NC) maintained switch. Maintained means it stays either open or closed - as opposed to a momentary switch.

Look at 11 and 12. The line running between them is the switch. These are the Normally Closed (NC) posts. Posts 23 and 24 are open - the NO posts. When you push the button down it opens 11 and 12 and closes 23 and 24. The drawing on the left of the diagram shows that the LED will light when the button is pushed down.

The neutral is attached to the device, i.e. load, with the exception of the switch LED. It is connected to post X2 on the switch.

Compare it to the wiring diagram for the SW1 switch. You'll see what I'm talking about if you haven't figured out.

Hope this helps.

If you find yourself stuck, I have a drawing somewhere of how the switch should be wired without all the stuff shown in the Auber instructions. I'll look for it if you need it.

Back