Total beer newb looking to learn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopernatural

Reaction score
Hey guys! I went to a friend's house yesterday and saw him bottling a batch of his own brewed stuff, and had no idea people do this.

I've been looking around and this could possibly be the coolest place ever. I haven't even started but I think I'm gonna get hooked on doing this. Does anyone have any good tips for a novice / what kind of brew kit I should get to start doing this?

Glad to be here!

Welcome to hbt. First tip is to read all you can about home brewing and don't believe everything you read on this forum. There's a lot of good advice here but there's a lot of people talking out of their arsses, too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Welcome to the hobby and welcome to the group, from CO. The forum stickies are a good place to start, I am also a big fan of the free Basic Brewing video podcasts.

Talk to your friend about helping him brew the next time he brews. That'd be a great way to see the process.

Extract brewing requires less equipment up front, so that's how most of us started. Before spending a lot of money at each step, I'd say try to attend someone's brewday to see if it's a step you want to take.

Welcome to hbt. First tip is to read all you can about home brewing and don't believe everything you read on this forum. There's a lot of good advice here but there's a lot of people talking out of their arsses, too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

read the stickies though, they are legit

Latest posts

Back