Top 10 Beer Cities - msnbc.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps they sampled something a little more euphoric before the beer tasting began.

Cheese, with you knowledge of the weed i would guess that you are not half smiling in your picture, but reather stonded to the bejeeezus!:rockin:

Reverend JC said:
Cheese, with you knowledge of the weed i would guess that you are not half smiling in your picture, but reather stonded to the bejeeezus!:rockin:

Never when I'm with Miles. In fact, it's been quite a while since I've done it at all.

Burlington? "One of these things is not like the other....."

ryser2k said:
Yeah, and the reason they give is that it's close to Montreal and Boston. How about just picking one of those two cities then?
close? If you think 3 hours is close. I've often thought while in Burlington that I would just shoot on over to Boston for a couple drinks. :confused:

i'd have to agree that Amsterdam should definitely not make the list. And beer in vending machines is awesome, and found just about anywhere in europe from my experience. I also think that Portland should be ahead of burlington, but i do agree that burlington should be on the list because they have GREAT microbrews, and just about every bar has many on tap. Not to mention magic hat growlers for $5.

UNOmar said:
I'm not sure I agree with Mexico City making the list, although that might have more to do with my not liking mexican beers (with the exception of Negra Modelo).
I actually like several Mexican beers, but can't understand the logic here. Practically no microbrew culture or brewpubs, and there's not much unique about the beer in Mexico City as compared to the rest of the country. If a city is going to make the list it seems like it should have some unique characteristic related to great beer. I do give Mexico a nod for perpetuating the Vienna lager, however!

Baron von BeeGee said:
I actually like several Mexican beers, but can't understand the logic here. Practically no microbrew culture or brewpubs, and there's not much unique about the beer in Mexico City as compared to the rest of the country. If a city is going to make the list it seems like it should have some unique characteristic related to great beer. I do give Mexico a nod for perpetuating the Vienna lager, however!

Yea I can get all those beers here... Negra Modelo is good, but it's probably better here than in the smog ridden D.F.

That's not a "best beer" list - it's a "most volume" list. The only foreign cities they mention are the most common places the US imports from, and the list of US cities is shady at best. Amsterdam? Sapporo? Mexico City?!?!?!? Apparently they like skunky and/or rice beer you can buy from a machine. Well done, MSNBC. Your news is about as good as your software products - overpopularized with plenty of room for improvement.

Latest posts

Back